Director of Alumni Relations
The University of Mary invites applications for a full-time Director of Alumni Relations. This position is responsible for all aspects of developing and maintaining the relationship between the University of Mary and it's alumni. The focus of this program is to encourage loyalty and appreciation for their alma mater and for maintaining their networking with the University. A secondary thrust of the Alumni programs is to develop relationships that will result in a keen interest in the University's future and a willingness to be part of supporting that future and the mission of the University of Mary.
Position responsibilities include:
- Participate with the development team in fund raising activities, projects and campaigns
- Develop relationships and coordinate events with students and student organizations to ensure continued, long-term engagement with, commitment to, and support of the University of Mary following graduation
- Supervise work-study students assigned to the Alumni Office
- Assist in the daily management and updates of the alumni database
- Work closely with the university information services and web development staff to ensure maximum utilization of database and web capabilities with regard to alumni management and communications
- Work in coordination with the Career Services and Advising & Mentoring offices to assist in job placement and opportunities for alumni
- Conduct alumni research
- Develop, coordinate, implement and promote programs, events and services to engage alumni
- Serve as a liaison between the university and selected constituencies and its alumni
- Recruit members for, facilitate meetings of, and coordinate activities planned by the Alumni Committee
- Provide input and written entries for communications to alumni, including but not limited to social media, email communications, newsletters, brochures and publications
- A Bachelor's degree in public relations, business, communications, public administration or other applicable field
- A Master's degree in business, fundraising or related field preferred
- Experience in event and program management, fundraising, working in a university setting, and familiarity with the University is desired
- Five years of demonstrated progressive experience in philanthropy and fundraising, specifically in successful annual campaign design and implementation in higher education or similar structure.
- Understanding of the methodology and philosophy of relationship management in a fundraising environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to contribute to and execute the University’s mission
- Strong oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office programs, database, internet, and social media resources
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and with a broad spectrum of individuals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple projects in overlapping timeframes
- Comfort with public speaking
- Desire to learn and improve all aspects of the alumni program
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
- Implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the office of Public Affairs and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
In concert with Mary’s growing alumni community, as well as its community of supporters and friends, the Office of Alumni supports the University’s mission of forming leaders in the service of Truth. Housed on the lower level of the Benedictine Center, we work with the University of Mary Alumni Association, current and former members of our Alumni Committee, and alumni from this region and beyond. The Office of Alumni hosts a variety of events and services vital to our alumni community, including: Alumni gatherings, social and professional networking, volunteer opportunities, athletic events, annual gatherings such as Reunion Weekend, and alumni news. We are deeply thankful for our alumni, parents, supporters, and friends who give life to our growing family and we thank you for your dedication to the University of Mary.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Director of Alumni Relations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly