Manager of Gift and Donor Records - University Advancement
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Responsible for managing and supervising the processing and reporting of accurate donor and gift record entries and maintenance of constituent records, to provide the Office of University Advancement staff with timely donor, constituent and gift information, data and reports. Maintain knowledge of gift policies, CASE standards, and tax laws. Work closely with the Business office and accounting services staff, development directors and staff, and other university departments and staff, when required. Exhibit good judgment and discretion in communicating to colleagues and donors; assist the development office staff with timely donor and gift information, data and reports.
- High school graduate or GED. BA preferred or equivalent education and experience.
- Five years of computer processing experience and training related to data entry and donation processing. Higher education environment preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Data Management
- Develop and maintain procedures, training and documentation to assure quality control, and compliance with Advancement and university data standards for all constituent information items.
- Schedule and manage record maintenance on constituent records. Includes address updates from a variety of sources, including NCOA and mail returns, name updates, contact methods and preferences, etc. Includes status updates after global transfer from the university main database.
- Perform research to assure data accuracy using a variety of internal and external tools
- Maintain best practices for and provide positive customer service with constituents concerning their information.
- Cultivate communication with other university offices to advance efficient data integration in areas of mutual interest.
- Gift Management
- Exercise independent judgment with relation to adjudication of gift acceptance and gift allocation policies
- Supervise preparation, entry and verification of all university donations into the database, including gift adjustments and receipts and acknowledgment letters.
- Supervise the preparation of gift packages for posting and delivery between data entry staff and business office/accounting services.
- Supervise and resolve donation problems, errors, or inconsistencies with appropriate sources within the business office/accounting services and/or internal or external customers.
- Supervise or perform monthly and fiscal year-end gift record procedures. Prepare monthly and fiscal year-end reconciliation and corrections with accounting office.
- Prepare and communicate donor reports as needed for staff or donors. Prepare donor reports for and coordinate as liaison with other departments on donor reporting and donation premiums.
- Coordinate and report on pledge data - including balance verification and pledge status reports, preparation of pledge reminder data and letters, payroll deduction processes, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of gift-related coding and requirements of IRS guidelines, CASE guidelines and APU policies and procedures. Participate in external groups (Fundserv, etc.) to enhance knowledge of best practices and procedures.
- Staff Management
- Hire, supervise and train data entry staff on database and software applications, and user support.
- Hire, supervise and train donation entry staff to assure compliance with industry practice, government regulations and university policy.
- Identify and create areas of expertise and growth opportunities for staff.
- Supervise Donation/Data Entry Clerks assigned to data entry functions.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as required by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.