Academic Coach - Generalist (Part-time)
The Academic Coach will work with students to address immediate academic needs, while developing long-term independent skills in studying, reading, writing and mathematics. The Academic Coach will help students become independent learners and to eventually transition away from academic support. Time management, organization and long-term planning are some of the skills that students gain through their experience in Academic Coaching.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide academic and college success advice; general guidance, coaching, mentoring, and academic support.
- Knowledge in learning concepts, educational theory, psycho education assessments/learning disability evaluations, and universal design applications.
- Assist students in establishing realistic and attainable academic and personal goals.
- Help assigned students understand and apply time management, organization, test preparation, goal setting and study skills strategies.
- Maintain accurate student information, 1) projecting, assessing, and reporting on student performance, and 2) prioritizing student contact so that most at-risk students are handled first.
- Establish rapport and build trusting relationships with a diverse student population by delivering personalized, constructive, engaging, motivating, and informative coaching sessions.
- Organize and carry out special projects/workshops relating to academic skills involving students, staff, or the general student population.
- Work with students having a great range of skills, motivation and educational goals; work with minimum supervision, accept a flexible work schedule that includes evenings or other alternate scheduling as needed, and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of Bay Path University students, including those with physical and/or learning disabilities.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a graduate degree in counseling, student personnel, special education, psychology, or related field and knowledge of best practices in education theories and methods.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPPA regulations.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity and respect.
- General knowledge of the University’s mission, purpose and goals and the role of an Academic Coach in achieving those goals.
Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter outlining salary requirements, resume, and contact information for four professional references. All applications should be sent electronically in MS Word format to email@example.com.
An equal opportunity employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Apply for Academic Coach - Generalist (Part-time)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly