Assistant Director of Admissions
St. Lawrence University invites applications for one, potentially two, Assistant Director of Admissions positions.
- Leading, planning, and implementing admissions procedures, operations, correspondence and contact with prospective students, applicants, and matriculating students
- Direct outreach and engagement with potential students
- Manage a large recruitment territory and plan targeted locations and contacts
- Create presentations, evaluate candidates for admission and independently make decisions on recommendations for admission
- Must be knowledgeable about financial aid to evaluate and counsel in personal interviews
- One position has the responsibility for primary management of the New York State Higher Education Opportunity Program admissions review by working with the HEOP and Financial Aid Offices and coordinating multi-cultural student recruitment strategies through work with CBOs. Targeted follow-up with students identified through these organizations, scholarships, and events is expected. Assist with the multi-cultural student recruitment across all domestic territories.
- Hire, train and direct students workers
- Must be able to effectively communicate the value of a St. Lawrence education to students, parents and counselors
- Must manage electronic recruitment resources and related systems and work both independently and as a member of a team
- Coordinate scholarships and special projects as assigned
- Substantial travel is expected
- Experience in student recruitment, territory management, interviewing prospective students and application review required.
- A bachelor’s degree and a valid driver’s license are required
- Frequent travel along with evening and weekend work required
- Must possess outstanding oral and written communication skills, a strong, self-motivated work ethic, and an appreciation of the value of a liberal arts education and of diverse cultures
- Must have the ability to make decisions using independent discretion and judgment
- Requires strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks well and with changing priorities and situations
- Ability to perform well under the pressure of deadlines and other administrative demands expected
- Candidates are expected to be highly organized, technically proficient, and dedicated to the admissions office and the University
- Proven ability to work with a wide variety of people, high energy, creative initiative and flexibility are essential
- The ability and confidence to exercise discretion while working independently, as well as the commitment to working as part of a team, are expected
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.