Student Facilitator, KEYS
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Student Facilitator, KEYS position. Keystone Education Yields Success (KEYS) is a collaborative program between the Pennsylvania Department of Human Resources (DHS) and the Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges. The program is designed to assist recipients of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), attending Pennsylvania's community colleges and ensure the successful completion of the students' course of study, enhance employability and job readiness. Under the supervision of the Project Director, KEYS, the Student Facilitator will work directly with students and participate in activities to help promote academic success, address barriers to education and prepare for employment at a family-sustaining wage.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in education, social work, human services or related field required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Two (2) years of experience working with a disadvantaged population required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of community resources for meeting the needs of disadvantaged clients and knowledge of current TANF regulations required.
• Expertise in human/social services, case management and workshop facilitation required.
• Ability to effectively present information and speak in public settings required.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, and written communication skills required.
• Ability to work effectively with a team and collaborate with others across departments and disciplines required.
• Demonstrated computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point required.
• Valid driver's license and access to a personal vehicle required.
• Ability to work evenings and Saturdays, as needed, is required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Previous work experience in a higher education setting preferred.
• Knowledge of Commonwealth Workforce Development System software (CWDS) preferred.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Access and Publisher preferred.