HR Operations Assistant
For over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, provide HRIS support to Human Resources and to other departments. Assist in the processing of faculty salary adjustments, lane advancement and step placement on the salary schedules, prepare reports, and act as liaison with academic departments on faculty assignments and compensation.
- Responsible for entering data in the Human Resources Information System (Banner) related to employees' records. Assist with processing employee changes such as salary, promotions, etc.
- Collect, compile, and prepare statistical data and sensitive information for reports, contracts, publications, etc., requiring information and knowledge of college operations and activities.
- Coordinate changes and modifications to HRIS system and prepare updated documentation as required. Maintain system tables. Liaison with Information Technology regarding upgrades and Troubleshooting issues.
- Coordinate and verify payroll transactions for faculty and staff, including ensuring correct pay rates and load caps. Run reports and interpret system data.
- Assists in the evaluation of requests for lane movement and the tracking and processing of faculty stipends.
- Acts as liaison to Academic units regarding records, compensation, and other related matters.
- Maintains knowledge of faculty collective bargaining agreements, and provides guidance and support regarding compensation, procedure, and application of contract language.
- Prepare and distribute part-time faculty seniority lists to appropriate areas.
- Track Adjunct faculty data. Maintenance of faculty credits per semester, per ee, per discipline. Load, certifications, compensation levels.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and abilities can be obtained is required.
- Two years of related working experience is required. Prior experience in a college or university setting. Experience with Banner is preferred.
- The ability to use and understand databases, write queries, merge data from two or more databases is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deliver services in an environment with an emphasis on customer service are required.
- An acceptable working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including database, word processing and spreadsheet knowledge is required.
- Mathematical aptitude and data analysis experience.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to interact professionally and tactfully with people of different levels of education, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences, and to exhibit an adequate level of respect to fellow employees and the College community at large.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.