Office Manager - w/Accounting or Marketing or Purchasing Experience
We are a fast growing, technology company that is ready to take our office management game to the next level. We are looking for an energetic and organized person who knows what it means to take charge and who expects to be held accountable for results. You will be responsible for our home away from home - ensuring that our office is a delightful and inspiring environment for our team and clients. You will be given the freedom to be yourself in this role, as well as provided the tools necessary to be successful.
You will keep our office streamlined, our team energized, and our morale high. Creative, energetic, organized, and a self-starter, you understand how to work with people at every level in every department, and find ways to pull the passion and fun out of everyone. You will pitch in where needed when client satisfaction would benefit from it. This means - you'll help create invoices, grab incoming phone calls, will create and assist with marketing campaigns and send mailers, call vendors, coordinate training, etc.
How do you know if you fit? Well, some things about you:
- You love doing a little bit of everything. From runs to Costco, to planning parties, to managing office improvements, to booking travel, assisting with accounting...you thrive with your hands in everything. You understand that even if you've never done it before, there's always a fist.
- You love getting involved with new projects. Something new? Never done it before? Bring it on! All I need is the vision and Google, and I'll get pretty far along on my own, and will gladly work with the team to learn anything else with pleasure.
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Boredom is your enemy. I want to work on many things, look up and realize hours have passed.
- You're high energy. A powerhouse even without your afternoon espresso. You're vibrant and energetic in all that you do.
- You're an owner. You take on a project from end-to-end with little guidance. You ask for help when necessary, but you don't drop the ball and assume the person you asked to help is suddenly the owner of that task.
- You don't ask for permission, you just go for it and make things better within the guidelines you've been given. You are also intelligent enough to know when you SHOULD ask for permission.
- You want to grow yourself and make an impact on the growth of those around you.
- You realize the potential in everyone and everything.
What You'll Do as Leapfrog's Office Manager:
- Live, breathe, and improve our company culture.
- Oversee all aspects of our office, from the security system to storage to the holiday decorations on our walls.
- Manage office vendors and suppliers - everything from our caterers to our t-shirt printers.
- Keep our pantry/fridge/keg stocked and our team fed.
- Lead planning and execution of team and community events (e.g., company parties, monthly events, executive off-sites, etc).
- Handle travel arrangements.
- Maintain organization of our office. Don't worry, we have a cleaning crew, too.
- Manage basic building amenities (e.g., janitorial, security, HVAC, etc.)
- Work with building management on maintenance requests.
- Curate unique experiences for in-house client meetings.
- Greet visitors with a smile and ensure they have a meaningful experience.
- Handle mail, shipping, and receiving.
- Provide administrative and project support as needed for HR, Recruiting, Legal, and Sr. Management teams.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A great attitude! We are looking for someone who has great energy, and will radiate this throughout our office.
- Fun dynamic personality
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- High level of passion for our culture
- Resourceful, highly dependable, and efficient
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise independent/sound judgement
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Ability to come up with and execute new ideas
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to perform a wide range of tasks. This position is not all glitz and glam! You can't be above doing things like emptying the dishwasher, making coffee, and getting your hands dirty.
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Take pride in everything big and small that you manage as well as the responsibility to keep it great and continue to make it better.
- Technically adept. Comfort using tools such as Google, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Calendar, etc.
- 1+ years office management experience preferred, but not required
- Experience working in a creative or service-based business is preferred, but not required
- Access to automobile to do errands
How to Get this Job.
You'll need to provide us a few things:
- A unique letter that explains why you're a good fit for this position. We can smell form letters from a mile away, so show us you really want this by being candid and sincere.
- Your resume with pertinent experience. We care more about how you handled damage control than your grades and fancy degree.
Throughout the course of each day, our organization delivers the absolute highest quality and reliable technical support and network design-implementation to small and medium organizations between 5 to 1000 computers with multiple servers. We are a Microsoft Certified Partner, focusing on network infrastructure, advanced network infrastructure and managed services. Established in 2000, the company employs a diverse and elite group of highly capable senior engineers focused on providing IT strategy and ongoing operational support.
Our offices are located in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and there may be times you need to travel to our customer sites, generally in the Chicagoland area. Self-motivated, organized and being an outgoing person will work well in this environment. We are an energetic and busy group with a solid customer base and a growing need to add additional people to our team. This position requires heavy multitasking, use of technology software to ease the burden on the support specialist, and is extremely challenging. Even for seasoned professionals, a role in a service based firm is a very challenging one. This is a position in which the staff is held to the highest standards and will be held accountable to use our proven methodologies.
Oak Brook, IL
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 23:20:32 PDT