Graduate Admission Counselor, School for Professional Studies
Primary responsibility is the recruitment/enrollment of students into SPS graduate and professional certificate programs. Specifically to inform, advise, and counsel prospective adult undergraduate and graduate students about Elmhurst College’s academic programs. The admission counselor will qualify and convert inquiries into applicants and provide counseling throughout the enrollment process. Seeks opportunities for expanded recruitment contacts, participates in various recruiting events, and positively contributes to the attainment of departmental new student enrollment goals.
1. Follows up with all inquiries assigned via CRM system in a timely manner.
2. Conducts admission interviews via face to face, phone, chat, and/or Skype to qualify prospective students.
3. Informs prospective students about admission and graduation requirements. Provides information on program(s) of interest and the enrollment/registration process.
4. Plans and participates in various on campus SPS recruitment events.
5. Maintains effective, positive relations with inquiries and applicants and motivate them to complete the admission process. Demonstrate outstanding customer service at all times.
6. Responds to telephone inquiries and handle correspondence with prospective students in a timely manner.
7. Assists with general administrative, and at times clerical, duties as assigned by the Director, Enrollment Management and the Associate/Assistant Director(s) of Admission.
Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Well-developed skills in verbal and written communication with the ability to communicate with diverse populations and various levels of institutional leadership.
3. Proficiency with technology including personal computers, e-mail, and MS Office Suite. Datatel experience is a plus.
4. Solid understanding of higher education in particular of private liberal arts colleges and their mission.
5. Previous experience recruiting non-traditional students; online recruitment experience is desirable.
6. Self-starter with the ability to motivate adult students to complete the enrollment process.
7. Off-campus recruitment activities are performed in personal automobile; travel costs reimbursed.
8. Ability to carry and lift display and promotional materials up to 25 pounds.