Matrix is currently seeking a motivated individual who desires a challenging career and increasing responsibilities as a Design Engineer. Successful candidates will be expected to perform engineering tasks in the site/civil engineering field through the development of a working knowledge of applicable design criteria, regulatory requirements, standards and processes; provide engineering support on multiple design projects, including analyzing and documenting critical design elements; development of foundation systems and retaining wall design; development of site layout/grading, roadway/trail/pedestrian facilities, storm water management facilities and erosion & sediment control plans and details; navigating projects through the various permitting requirements; coordinating with others to determine requirements and incorporate feedback.
Coordination with clients, contractors, outside consultants, government agencies and firm staff is expected.
• BSCE from ABET accredited engineering program
• Candidates must be capable of working on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced team oriented environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• A working knowledge of Federal, State and local jurisdiction permitting regulations is a plus
• Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel
• General understanding of site design and permit and construction plan preparation using AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D
• EIT certification a plus
• Experience in site/civil engineering a plus
Matrix New World Engineering (Matrix) is an award-winning, full-service environmental, geotechnical, and civil engineering firm. Founded in 1990, we are a woman-owned business long recognized as a leader in providing multi-disciplinary solutions to a wide variety of projects including site development, infrastructure, environmental and engineering studies and property redevelopment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that Matrix will not sponsor an employment visa, such as an H-1B or related visa, to fill this position. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Wed, 14 Jun 2017 09:57:15 PDT