The Process Engineer has accountability for developing processes to ensure quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met and to provide manufacturing support and promote process improvement; Troubleshoot problems with production and takes corrective actions; Researches the purchase of equipment or upgrades to existing equipment.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Evaluate, implement and monitor processes and operating systems for continuous improvement projects that will reduce cost, improve quality, throughput, and safety.
• Support new product design for integration to the production floor
• Specify and assist in the purchase or upgrade of capital investments in equipment; research and purchase new manufacturing technology
• Create, edit and maintain necessary documentation
• Equipment calibration and maintenance monitoring
• Plan, develop and implement operational policies to ensure the organization operates at peak productivity and profitability.
• Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as data collection and interpretation from technical and operating personnel.
• Assists in ensuring accurate completion of monthly operations reports, KPI's and works with plant manager and finance to evaluate against objectives, operating costs and project management status. Makes adjustments in plans based on variances.
• Supports a lean, high-performance culture that encourages continuous improvement at all levels of the organization.
• Evaluate, implement, and monitor processes to ensure customer requirements are met regarding packaging standards
• Manage and work with 3rd party suppliers on returnable container programs
Qualifications and Competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, behaviors and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in manufacturing; experience in metal fabrication, stamping, heavy truck, construction equipment and/or military industry experience preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
• Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, CAD
• Results oriented leadership style with a focus on continuous improvement and execution
• Self motivated, hands on individual with keen interest in quickly learning and applying new skills who can follow written and verbal instructions and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills, with an emphasis on innovative and creative solutions that result in higher profitability.
• Operates with high integrity; builds trust, quickly wins and sustains credibility in relationship with others
• Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts; Professionally assertive
• Ability to react quickly to changing requirements and new process developments
• Strong background in applying lean principles and initiatives
Defiance Metal Products is a full service metal stamper, fabricator and painter of medium volume components and assemblies for the military vehicle, commercial vehicle, construction equipment and agricultural equipment OE Markets; Serving customers from multiple locations across the United States with certified quality systems. This privately owned company has been in business since 1939. The Company enjoys numerous customer quality and service, as well as safety awards.
Heber Springs, AR
Wed, 14 Jun 2017 06:00:26 PDT