Automotive Service Manager
BASIC JOB SUMMARY:
The Service Manager oversees a team of Service Writers/Advisers who are the dealership's first-line customer-relations and service sale representatives. The job encompasses the proper satisfaction of customer and vehicle related problems, leading your team to meet pre-determined service sales objectives, and the thorough and accurate performance of designated administrative activities.
Customer Relations - every employee is the face of the company:
1. Maintain a high level of grooming, hygiene, and uniform appearance.
2. Conduct all business with sincerity, honesty, and genuine concern for customers.
3. Promptly meet and greet service customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
4. Listen to customer's reason(s) for bringing their vehicle to the service department.
5. Offer logical diagnostic services or repairs to satisfy customer's concerns.
6. Provide accurate estimates for all the services or repairs recommended.
7. Handle minor customer complaints and/or misunderstandings with courtesy, tact, and in a manner that does not further aggravate problems.
8. Make policy adjustments within the guidelines and budgets established by management.
9. Personally turnover to the service manager or other designated management representatives customers with complaints that cannot be satisfied at the service writer level.
10. Answer incoming telephone calls promptly, courteously, and make every effort to satisfy the caller's inquiry.
Service Sales Management - Ensuring your team meets the following Objectives:
1. Sell the proper repairs and/or services responsible to customers perceived needs.
2. Present a service menu of recommended maintenance services to every service customer.
3. Make a genuine effort to sell the maintenance services due on every service customer's vehicle according to the services to "Road to a Sale."
4. Obtain accurate parts and labor prices for all customer pay and internal operations using the appropriate parts price sources and labor pricing guide.
5. Give every customer an accurate estimate at the same time the repair order is initially written.
6. Obtain properly documented telephone approval for all add-on sales when customers are not at the dealership.
7. Meet or exceed sales objectives set by management.
Administration - Ensure your Service Writers meet the following standards:
1. Properly, thoroughly, and legibly write repair orders for the categories of work designated by management.
2. Separate and distribute repair order copies according to department policy.
3. Maintain a Service Scheduling Form (route sheet) on a thorough, accurate, and continuous basis.
4. Properly document repair order changes.
5. Carefully inspect every finished repair order for proper completion, pricing accuracy, and legibility.
6. Document flat rate time or other required time-keeping according to the service department and/or manufacturer's procedures.
7. Maintain a record of carryover vehicles.
8. Maintain a record of special order parts status.
9. Perform other specific administrative functions as directed by service management.
1. Provide additional vehicle problem/complaint information to the technical staff as needed.
2. Maintain communications with the technical staff regarding job status changes.
3. Remain continuously posted on the shop's work load to determine the kind of work the shop can quickly accommodate.
4. Inform the sales manager of potential new vehicle sales customers.
5. Confirm service appointments by telephone the day before the customer's scheduled arrival.
6. Contact service customers when their vehicle's work is finished.
7. Report to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its employees, or customers.
1. Must meet company's requirements for employment.
2. Must have valid in-state driver's license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
3. Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
4. Professional appearance and work ethic
5. Superior customer service skills with ability to collaborate with the public, sometimes with several customers at a time.
6. Previous industry and management experience required
7. High school diploma or the equivalent.
8. Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information.
9. Two (2) years of experience in retail position preferred. General knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations.
10. Sales experience preferred.
11. Excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skills.
Wed, 14 Jun 2017 12:17:37 PDT