Under the supervision of the Assistant Vice President of Academic Success, and as part of the Center for Academic Success, the Retention Specialist will serve as an integral part of the Manhattan College community. This position requires cross campus communication and engagement with faculty, staff, and current students. The Retention Specialist will be able to develop programming that is data driven and to blend quantitative and qualitative data into an efficient gathering, reporting, and analysis process.
The Retention Specialist will:
-Coordinate academic progress and interventions in a comprehensive planning format, including benchmark and communication strategies.
- Develop and implement retention programs by following up on existing initiatives and identifying new outreach opportunities.
-Serve as the College’s central coordinator for MAPWorks, our retention and student success software.
- Evaluate statistics gathered to determine institutional successes. Writing of proposals for changes to existing programs and design new ones based on what's working and what isn't. The managers also reports these statistics to their superiors
-Participate on teams and committees to identify barriers to success in retention and graduation rates.
-Develop specific programming and action plans for referred and mandated students including readmitted and non-traditional students.
- Work in a team environment with the AVP of Academic Success, The Office of Institutional Research, the Center for Academic Success, Residence Life, and the Dean’s offices in order to promote student success through special programs, improved processes, and outreach campaigns.
- Review student records for retention issues; follow up on progress through personal contact and correspondence.
- Coordinate all referrals to appropriate offices, devise intervention plans for potential “at-risk” freshman, and regularly analyze institutional data in order to identify areas for systemic growth and opportunities for programming.
- Document and track student issues; prepare periodic reports on service issues.
If you are interested in this position, please access the link below:
Manhattan College is an independent Catholic coeducational institution in the Lasallian tradition. We expect our faculty, administration, and staff to be knowledgeable about our mission and to make a positive contribution to the mission. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse campus community. AA/EO Employer M/F/D/V