Assistant Director, Facilities & Operations
Job Title Assistant Director, Facilities & Operations
The Assistant Director, Facilities & Operations coordinates game operations and special events at assigned facilities. Provides oversight of budget, inventory, and preventative maintenance of assigned facilities. Ensures compliance with applicable NCAA, Atlantic Sun, Federal, and State rules, regulations, and laws governing areas of responsibility.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization such as Sports Facilities Management, Sports Administration, Facilities Management, or closely related discipline.
Two years of facility supervision, facility management, athletic administration, or related experience.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Possess current Forklift Operator, American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid certifications or the ability to obtain within ninety days of hire.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization such as Sports Facilities Management, Sports Administration, Facilities Management, or closely related discipline.
Three years of directly related experience in a collegiate environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of inventory control principles and methods.
Knowledge of applicable safety requirements.
Knowledge of policies, procedures, and guidelines established by professional organizations and/or governing agencies.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and PCI cash-handling procedures.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
Ability and willingness to assume new responsibilities.
Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to manage a budget and work within the constraints of that budget.
Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing information, guidance and motivation.
Salary Range $32,000 - $35,000
Essential Job Duties
•Coordinates game and event operations at assigned facilities. Assists in the coordination of events at other facilities and visiting teams with regard to use of facilities and accommodations.
•May oversee the day to day operations of the Alico Arena and Outdoor Sports Complex Equipment Room to include, but not limited to, budgeting, procurement, inventory control, equipment maintenance, scheduling and management of student staff.
•May implement and initiate a comprehensive equipment manager training program to ensure that all staff are able to perform their duties in a compliant, safe, efficient, and effective manner.
•Ensures that all funds collected are in compliance with PCI requirements and university policies.
•Provides management to the student, part-time, Facilities and Operations staff, interns, and service learning students, including recruitment, training, scheduling, and evaluation.
• Assists in the budgeting, procurement, inventory control, and equipment maintenance for assigned sports.
• May oversee the Outdoor Sports Concessions Operations and ensures that all funds collected are in compliance with PCI requirements and university policies.
• Coordinates the preventive maintenance plans for assigned facilities and ensures that facilities are maintained in a clean, safe, and operation-ready manner. Makes minor repairs to facilities and equipment as skills permit.
• May Assist the Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities & Operations with capital improvement projects at assigned facilities.
•Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of policies and procedures for the Facilities and Operations department within Athletics.
•Collaborates with the Compliance Office to ensure equipment operations are in compliance with NCAA and A-Sun guidelines.
•Seeks opportunities for professional development and best practices within the area of sports programs facilities and operations.
•Assists, coordinates, and completes special projects as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities and Operations.
• Attends meetings, activities, and events, which may require working evenings and weekends to travel with teams as necessary.
• Must be willing and available to work with all athletic teams’ seasonal schedules (weekend, evening, and holiday work).
• Serves as essential personnel and provides assistance in the event of an emergency on campus.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS282P
Open Date 06/14/2017
Close Date 07/04/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization such as Sports Facilities Management, Sports Administration, Facilities Management, or closely related discipline.
- * Do you have two or more years of experience in facility supervision, facility management, athletic administration, or related experience?
- * Do you have experience operating personal computers with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) software?
- * Do you possess current Forklift Operator, American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid certifications or the ability to obtain within ninety days of hire?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)