Duty Free Americas is Now Hiring
To remain as the leader and foremost travel retailer in the United States, Duty Free Americas, Inc. (DFA) knows that it is important to attract and retain talented people.
We are currently in need of an HR Administrator in our Hollywood, FL Corporate office.
The Human Resources Administrator provides clerical and administrative support to Human Resources Department. In addition, communicating to the VP of HR and Director of Associate Relations the status of the department functions. Assist the Payroll Department and Benefits Department by providing HR related paperwork timely and accurate.
- Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
- Handles a wide variety of situations and conflict involving the clerical and administrative function of the department.
- Process unemployment compensation claims.
- Conduct employee verifications and background checks.
- Support associates and management with HR related questions/materials.
- Responsible for effectively and accurately maintaining all active and terminated personnel files.
- Field all incoming calls.
- Open, sort, date, stamp and distribute mail.
- Process and track of Human Resources invoices for the department.
- Work independently on special and ongoing projects.
- Organize and prioritize daily projects and task.
- Assist with the scheduling, organizing activities such as meetings, travel, and company activities.
- Ensure proper completion of new hire paperwork and forward to payroll for processing.
- Align all HR Forms with current policies and procedures.
- Maintenance of internal electronic communication system - "Google Sites"
- Backup for Receptionist on an as needed basis.
- Support all members of the human resources team.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to process information/merchandise through computer system and POS register system.
- Ability to speak and hear effectively with customers, vendors and/or associates of organization.
- Ability to read, count (perform basic mathematical functions-add, subtract, divide & multiply) and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store location. Other physical demands include frequently standing for long periods of time; walking; and ability to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and balance.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment (electronic & manual) necessary to perform job function.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business needs dictates.
- Vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
Education and/or Experience
- Experience necessary, preferable experience in a retail environment
- High School Graduate, G.E.D. and equivalent work experience of one year in Human Resources
- Knowledge in state labor laws a plus
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong organizational skills along with excellent oral and written communication ability, bilingual (English, Spanish) a plus.
Professional business environment with minimal privacy utilizing standard office equipment with a low noise level (computers, copying machines, faxes, and printers running) with occasional exposure to elements such as dust fumes, noise and odor.
Duty Free Americas is the preeminent duty free retailer in the western hemisphere. DFA offers a wide selection of fragrances, elegant dress and casual watches, gifts, jewelry and travel-related merchandise from the highest quality brand names, as well as items that typically incur significant duties and taxes, such as liquor and tobacco.
Fri, 26 May 2017 08:30:14 PDT