Enrollment Registrar Specialist
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from Lincoln Center at the cultural heart of New York City, the College offers Bachelors and Masters Degrees and participates in the doctoral programs of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. John Jay College is also recognized for serving a broadly diverse student population. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, John Jay College has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building complete with a black-box theater, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot court, and a variety of virtual learning settings.
Reporting directly to the Associate Registrar for Graduation Services, the Enrollment Registrar Specialist's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform general functions within the Office of the Registrar and Division of Enrollment Management; providing information to students, faculty, and staff; management of student records and data cleanup; setting registration appointments; and serving on various committees and/or attending meetings.
- Serve as the lead auditor for all students enrolled in one of the college's graduate level certificate and Master's degree granting programs.
- Work with the Office of Graduate Studies, Deans, Faculty, and Program Directors at the graduate level on requirements for graduation, exceptions, substitutions and degree completion.
- Serve as the lead scriber for graduate level programs utilizing the Ellucian Degree Works product.
- Provide graduate level information, data and reporting on completion rates. Will update and correct information on the NSLDS.
- May assist the degree audit team with additional scribing functions, including maintenance, updating of degree requirement blocks, and error resolution for Undergraduate students.
- Communicate with students on registration, courses, requirements, rules and regulations, approval and denial of degree eligibility.
- Responsible for communicating with graduate level departments on attendance rosters, grade rosters, grade changes, Awards/Special Designations and other pertinent start of term and end of term processes.
- Provide data and reports on either a recurring basis or ad hoc, depending on the business need.
- May include supervise student workers or part-time staff.
- May require occasional evening hours.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Registrar or Associate Registrar.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers College registration operations under management direction.
- Coordinates registration services such as grade collection entries and changes, publication of semester course offerings, final examination schedules, classroom scheduling and requests for student information
- Promotes policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations; advises College personnel regarding the development and implementation of responses to regulatory changes
- Oversees the conformity of record release procedures to management policies and legal requirements, including the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other applicable laws and regulations governing the confidentiality of student records
- Creates and reviews student communications from the Registrar's Office; ensures transcript and Degree verification requests are handled in a timely manner
- Recommends and implements improvements to office operations; assists with strategic planning
- Prepares reports and analyses on registration activities
- May train faculty and staff on retention techniques, record-keeping protocol and/or registration systems
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Registrar Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing the job posting on John Jay College website or in CUNYfirst, please select the "Apply Now" button. If you are viewing the job posting on any other website, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listing"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number "16944"
- Click on the "Apply Now" and follow the instructions
Once you have registered or logged in with your user name and password, upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document.
July 12, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: John Jay College
Job Title: Enrollment Registrar Specialist
Job ID: 16944