Senior PeopleSoft and HRIS Manager
I.T. Computer Systems Managers manage and direct an Information Technology area at a College or University level. They set policies and procedures, direct technical staff, and maintain responsibility for administrative as well as technical issues within their assigned area(s) of responsibility. They may manage major and/or large, complex information systems activities and/or manage a unit or group.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Managerial Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
Computer Systems Manager
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Human Resources Strategic Planning and Technology Unit at the City University of New York oversees planning for Human Capital Management (HCM) programs and technologies to promote effective and efficient availability, utilization, and performance of HRIS at the University. Reporting to the Deputy to the Executive Director of HR Operations, the Senior PeopleSoft and HRIS Manager implements and optimizes the use of the University's PeopleSoft program (CUNYfirst) and unified time and leave system (eTime). This position includes consulting with internal customers on the best ways to use CUNY's technological platforms, identifying potential process improvements, designing and executing user acceptance testing, leading projects to design and implement applications, troubleshooting problems and providing user training and support. In addition, this position will write detailed scopes of work and functional specifications to document proposed projects to reduce the amount of manual effort.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directs day-to-day systems administration and support activities focused on the Human Capital Management (HCM) portion of CUNYfirst implementation including testing, change control, monitoring utilization and triaging support. Must also act as a technical and functional resource to aid in the technical upgrade, analysis and design configuration of the PeopleSoft/Oracle HRMS modules.
- Assess interface functional integrity between the time and leave system and the University's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Project CUNYfirst.
- Troubleshoot, coordinate process improvements, and prepare system enhancements between users, Computing and Information Services, Payroll, Human Resources, and vendors.
- Create system integration test scripts and user acceptance testing data that will capture unique rules and practices for CUNY base title groups.
- As a subject matter expert, provide guidance and training on system use to maximize effectiveness; support all CUNY agencies in their use of CUNYfirst and eTime.
- Oversee small-to large-scale projects for CUNYfirst implementations and modifications; collaborate with Computer and Information Services to design and conduct specific performance and functional tests.
- Maintain physical infrastructure of each of the 25 campuses and Central Administration for implementation readiness and ongoing system compliance and stability.
- Ensure that all assignments are completed with the highest quality and within agreed-to Service Level Agreement guidelines and Key Performance Indicator targets.
- Participate in user groups as necessary.
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible full-time paid information systems technology experience, at least 18 months of which shall have been in an administrative or managerial capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, information systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration or a closely related area.
- Education at an accredited College or University may be substituted for the general information systems technology experience at the rate of one year of college for 6 months of experience up to a maximum of 4 years of college for 2 years of experience. In addition a Master's degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for an additional year of the general information systems technology experience. However, all candidates must possess the 18 months of administrative or managerial experience described above.
This title has multiple levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
The ideal candidate will have the following preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Master's degree in business, computer information systems, or related field.
- Possess functional knowledge in one or more PeopleSoft HCM modules and the ability to become proficient in additional modules.
- Strong functional skills in supporting the ERP software. Ability to develop on two or more of the following: SQL/PLSQL, Query, PeopleCode, SQR, App Engine or PeopleTools.
- Ability to work with, train and coach other team members.
- Ability to prioritize problems and promptly resolve or escalate when necessary .
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to collaborate across all levels within and outside the University.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Understanding of HR policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with performance metrics and ability to meet identified targets.
- Working knowledge of service request management tools.
- Working knowledge and use of office productivity tools (e.g., MS Office applications) and web-based applications.
- Shared Service experience.
Salary commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, submit a cover letter and rsum online via CUNY's web-based job system, addressing how your experience and credentials fulfill the responsibilities and qualifications outlined.
The direct link to the job opening from external sources is:
Open until filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Central Office
Job Title: Senior PeopleSoft and HRIS Manager
Job ID: 16677
Full/Part Time: Full-Time