Enrollment Registrar Coordinator - Graduation Services
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from Lincoln Center at the cultural heart of New York City, the College offers Bachelors and Masters Degrees and participates in the doctoral programs of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. John Jay College is also recognized for serving a broadly diverse student population. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, John Jay College has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building complete with a black-box theater, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot courtroom, and a variety of virtual learning settings.
Reporting to the Associate Registrar for Graduation Services, the Enrollment Registrar Coordinator will provide general support to the college's graduation unit. In consultation with the Registrar and Associate Registrar, the Coordinator will provide information to prospective and enrolled students in registration and records related areas, maintaining compliance with established record release procedures, including the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
The Enrollment Registrar Coordinator's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with inputting grade changes for students who are graduating.
- Assist with reporting students accurately and efficiently to NSLDS.
- Collaborate resolving help-desk tickets escalated from CUNYCIS.
- Create and review student communications from the Registrar's Office regarding graduation; ensure transcript and Degree verification requests are handled in a timely manner.
- Enter and correct student bio-demo data in CUNYfirst.
- Meet students with issues associated with denial of graduation.
- Perform end-of-term processes, including CUNYfirst batch jobs and queries.
- Process graduation audits for Undergraduate, Graduate and Certificate-seeking students.
- Serve on various committees' including the Commencement Planning Committee and the Registrar Operations Group.
- Update the CUNYfirst system with degree conferral data and special honor's designations.
- Utilize DegreeWorks to assist students, advisers and staff with determining requirements for degree completion.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff in academic offices, as well as with students on multiple, simultaneous projects.
Bachelor's Degree Required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides operational support for registration operations.
- Provides advice on academic and administrative registration requirements
- Interprets and communicates academic, registration and enrollment policies and procedures
- Assists with registration and provides information to prospective and enrolled students in registration and records-related areas
- Complies, generates, and updates various reports, catalogs, and inventories
- Maintains compliance with established record release procedures, including the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Collaborates with College and University offices to address inquires and concerns and resolve student registration and record problems
- May participate in activities related to course scheduling and maintaining course databases
- May monitor and revise the content of web pages and other communication materials
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$39,282 - $45,957; salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing the job posting on John Jay College website or in CUNYfirst, please select the "Apply Now" button. If you are viewing the job posting on any other website, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listing"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number "16937"
- Click on the "Apply Now" and follow the instructions
Once you have registered or logged in with your user name and password, upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document.
July 12, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: John Jay College
Job Title: Enrollment Registrar Coordinator - Graduation Services
Job ID: 16937