Assistant Varsity Coach, Women's Gymnastics - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700363)
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: Assistant Varsity Coach, Women's Gymnastics. 12 Month athletic service basis, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
Primary Position Function/Summary:
Assist the head coach in the total administration of the Women's Gymnastics sport program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with identification, evaluation and recruitment of student-athletes to the University of Illinois.
• Under direction of the head coach assist in all areas of team performance including pre-season, post-season training, practice and competition.
• Work closely with support staff for both peak performance of the athletes as well as their development and academic success. Assist with the oversight of strength and conditioning activities, academic and medical issues.
• Assist in the day to day operations including but not limited to NCAA paperwork, academic monitoring, travel plans, equipment and budget management.
• Assist team members with leadership issues and their academic, athletic and personal development.
• Work compatibly and cooperatively with the staff and personnel in the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics.
• Represent University at national, state, and local professional organization events.
• Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position is required.
Bachelor's degree in sports management, business or related field
High moral and ethical standards required.
Proven ability to identify, select, recruit and develop highly-skilled athletes; personal relation skills in dealing with student-athletes, peers, and the general public; organization skills, fiscal management and computer abilities.
At least three years coaching experience at the collegiate level or USA Gymnastics Level 10 or higher and/or experience in competition as a former NCAA student-athlete preferred.
Expertise in spotting and equipment management preferred.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
START DATE: As soon as possible after closing date.
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received by June 28, 2017. Applications not submitted through http://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Maria Woods, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews and hires may take place prior to closing date. All applications will be given full consideration.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Varsity Coach, Women's Gymnastics - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700363)
Open Date: 06/14/2017
Close Date: 06/28/2017
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics