Associate Athletic Director, Sales & Service
University of Delaware
Job Title Associate Athletic Director, Sales & Service
Job ID 104711
Location Newark, DE
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under the limited direction of the Director of Athletics Development for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics & Recreation Services (DIARS), the Associate Athletic Director for Sales and Service is responsible for the creation and implementation of a comprehensive, collaborative, and sustainable sales and service program for the University of Delaware Athletic Department. This includes the oversight of Sports & Entertainment Sales, Ticket Sales (Premium, Season, Group, Student, and Individual Game tickets for all ticketed sports), Ticket Servicing and Facility Rentals.
The Associate Athletic Director is a valued member within the University and DIARS, upholding and embracing the departmental mission of "Inspiring Greatness Together."
The purpose of the Sales & Service Team is to generate revenue and promote engagement with Delaware Athletics through intentional and strategic sales efforts and customer service initiatives. All members of the Sales & Service Team commit to exemplifying the values of the University of Delaware and the DIARS. The Sales & Service Team prioritizes collaboration and communication in order to achieve the highest levels of both efficiency and effectiveness.
Oversight of Sales & Service
- Develops, implements, and assesses a strategic communication, sales and retention plan for all ticketed sports at Delaware Athletics: includes premium, season, student, group, and individual game tickets
- Identifies and attracts new premium/season/group/individual game ticket holders utilizing available mediums (e.g., print, electronic, phone, social media).
- Creates new and compelling initiatives to properly retain season ticket holders for all ticketed sports.
- Develops, implements, and assesses a strategic communication and sales plan for all sports & entertainment sales opportunities: includes facility rentals, concerts, shows, and other external events.
- Collaborates with Development & Alumni Relations, campus organizations, and athletics teams (e.g., marketing, athletic communications, digital, and sport administration) as necessary to move sales strategies forward.
- Serves as liaison for collaborative efforts on the operation of premium spaces with Facilities and Event Management.
- Responsible for the game day operation and donor experience of all premium spaces in partnership with Revenue Generation colleagues including (a) game day staffing and (b) liaison efforts with Event Management, Food Service, and Ticket Office game day operations.
- Collaborates with Engagement team to effectively steward and thank all audiences that lead to renewal of sales year over year.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of a high functioning sales and service team, providing staff with clear roles, responsibilities, accountabilities, mentoring, and support to be successful as a team.
- Summarize and report on all team responsibilities, activities and metrics.
- Maintains budget data including records of expenditures for sales related expenditures.
- Serves as a member of the revenue generation team to promote a culture of growth and learning.
- Serves as liaison, along with Business Systems Analyst, for any external client based relationship, including, but not limited to, Aspire, Ticketmaster, etc.
- Works with Business Office to establish key performance indicators and visual representations for all sales metrics to drive revenue, decision making and overall sales strategy.
- In partnership with the Business Office, creates metrics to measure the success of sales and retention initiatives.
General Administrative/Finance and Other
- Prepares meetings and follow-up assistance with donors, ticket holders, prospects, student-athlete alumni, and units within the campus community.
- Prepares pro card and hosting documentation and reconciles pro card statements monthly.
- Participates in athletic events as appropriate including, but not limited to, home and away football games activities, on and off-campus donor events, and other athletic activities as needed.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with four years related experience working in a complex environment. Master's degree preferred.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and advance strategic plans and programs that support the Athletic Department mission and contribute to the overall goals and objectives to generate revenue.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with multiple patrons in a positive and productive manner while maintaining integrity and adhering to the compliance rules of the NCAA, CAA, and University of Delaware Athletic Department.
- Strong commitment to the student-athlete experience.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external constituency groups and to work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment.
- Sound organizational ability, a high degree of creativity and initiative; the ability to project the unique aims and values of the University of Delaware and its donors, alumni and fans.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and effectively determine when information needs to be advanced to other decision makers.
- Must exhibit a high level of energy, enthusiasm, initiative and passion for providing outstanding customer service to Delaware Athletic patrons.
- Must possess and maintain the highest integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines. Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment, with the ability to effectively adapt and be flexible.
- Discretion and an ability to interact with high-level donors and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- High-level experience with social networking tools (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.). Ability to develop and implement these tools to drive revenue
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html