PUBLIC RELATIONS SPEC
PUBLIC RELATIONS SPEC
PAS Adm - UG adm
Public Relations Specialist, Duke University
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Duke seeks a professional with experience in writing, editing, digital communications, and social media to join a lively, collaborate admissions team. The Public Relations Specialist will report to the Associate Dean and will serve on the Undergraduate Admissions communications team as the primary digital communications specialist and writer, working with the office's lead Public Relations Specialist/Designer. He/she/they will work with the office's communications team to create and maintain strong and consistent messaging through publications and digital platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience writing and editing, managing social media platforms and trends, working with website development and content management systems. He/she/they should also possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and presentation skills. We seek energetic candidates with a strong sense of initiative, the ability to work independently and in a team, and the capacity to manage multiple responsibilities concurrently.
• Writing and editing publications, website, e-content, and general office communications.
• Working with Associate Dean for Communications Strategy to develop messaging for prospect communications and student search programs.
• Managing website development and digital media vendors; website content writing and updates.
• Maintaining Duke Undergraduate Admissions' presence in multiple social media platforms in conjunction with the University's Social Media Manager.
• Coordinating CRM-based email communications in conjunction with Associate Director for Strategic Data Analysis.
• Reviewing analytics in conjunction with Associate Director for Strategic Data Analysis.
• Remaining current in digital marketing trends, best practices, competitor activities, and third party tools and technologies.
• Performing other duties/projects as assigned by the Dean of Undergraduate Admissions, or other senior staff members. Desired qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree is required.
• Fluency in English with strong writing and editing skills is required. Fluency in Spanish a plus.
• Experience with website development, content management systems, social media platforms, search engine optimization, and analytics.
• Availability to work weekends and extended hours, particularly during the fall and from January through April.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with whom you have worked in the past three years. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Admissions Office seeks a staff that reflects the diversity of the Duke University community.
1300 PUBLIC RELATIONS SPEC
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires the ability to perform creative writing and relatedactivities such as conducting interviews and research, and copy editingnormally acquired through attainment of a bachelor's degree inJournalism, English or a related discipline.
Work requires one year of directly related writing experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.