Education Full-time Faculty #F02645
Education Full-time Faculty
Takoma Park/Silver Spring
$58,844 - $81,821
This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and requires payment of dues or a service fee.
Assignment begins August 2017. Online applications must be received by June 28, 2017 .
The Montgomery College, School of Education, Takoma Park / Silver Spring Campus, is currently accepting applications for a full-time faculty member . We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated educator who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to the empowerment of students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner using culturally relevant pedagogy. The candidate should demonstrate diversity of thought and experiences addressing issues of social justice to educate the next generation of teacher leaders at the secondary level (grades 6-12) in the Associate of Arts in Teaching (AAT) degree program. The AAT Degree is a transferable degree to Maryland's four year colleges and universities.
The faculty member will be expected to teach a minimum of five courses, which could include:
EDUC101 (Foundation of Education)
EDUC243 (Processes and Acquisition of Reading)
EDUC256 (Principles of Educational Assessment)
EDUC245 (Material for Reading Instruction)
EDUC265 (Method of Secondary Teaching)
ISTD173 (Integrated Arts)
These are required courses offered as part of the Associates of Arts in Teaching (AAT) degree in the elementary and secondary programs at Montgomery College. The instructor is expected to teach courses that are required for completion of the curricula offered in the School of Education while advising and supporting culturally and linguistically diverse learners. The instructor may also teach distance and hybrid offerings. The instructor may have to teach at more than one campus.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teach in the Associate of Arts in Teaching Degree program
- Planning and preparing (development of instructional material, preparation of course syllabi, writing assignments, exams, etc.), presentation, and coordination of classroom instruction and related activities.
- Some subject areas may also require specific professional credentials and or levels of experience/training
- Assume a key role in mapping new student success program development for culturally and linguistically diverse learners
- Generate and develop strategic partnerships with the local school district, university, government, and/or diverse community organizations;
- Prepare and assessment of curriculum in the program
- Contribute to the profession and/or discipline, both nationally and internationally
- Develop collaborations and/or partnerships with faculty, other community colleges and the state universities of Maryland.
- Master's in Curriculum and Instruction or Secondary Education with credentials in critical needs areas such as Math, Science, Special Education, or ESOL; Educational Leadership, or Education Administration
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Doctorate in critical needs areas such as Math, Science, Special Education, or ESOL; Educational Leadership, Education Administration
- Two or more years of part-time or full-time college level teaching experience
- Experience in distance delivery and other instructional modalities
- Demonstrated ability to teach in a multicultural setting using culturally relevant pedagogy
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technology into course delivery
- Demonstrated ability to teach at the secondary level (grades 6-12)
- Demonstrated ability to advise and support college students
- Willingness and flexibility to teach course sections as needed
Application Process :
- Online applications must be received by June 28, 2017 .
- To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
- E-sign your application. (Step 9)
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire :
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of the degree required for the position
- Submission of three letters of professional reference
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.