Director of Employer Development & Experiential Learning
The Director of Employer Development & Experiential Learning supports the mission of Saint Leo University by developing, implementing, and coordinating activities to enhance student learning through internships, networking events, and job placement opportunities. The Director will lead this initiative by collaborating with faculty, employers, and community partners. Additionally, the Director will work closely with the areas of Career Planning, Business Development, and University Advancement to increase post-baccalaureate career placement as part of the institutional retention efforts, as well as assist with cultivating prospective corporate partners for future philanthropic or business development opportunities.
- Develops and maintains employer relationships to expand the range of employer recruiting and internship activities. Actively pursues college relations/recruiter/internship contacts as well as other hiring sources for students and alumni. Networks with chambers of commerce, employers, and professional associations for recruiting and internship purposes.
- Manages the coordination of career fair and internship events. Oversees the communication between appropriate campus departments and program participants. Conducts on-going assessment and provides feedback as to the effectiveness of such events.
- Manages the design and delivery of communications and marketing material to students and employers regarding recruitment and internship activities.
- Surveys and assesses employer recruiting and internship needs, quality of services provided, and other related data management in order to improve the recruiting and internship program.
- Develops, coordinates, and enforces policies for employer participation in recruiting and internship program regarding acceptable methods of employer outreach/marketing and diversity recruiting efforts, adherence to office and University procedures and deadlines, interviewing protocols, offer/accept lead times and incentives, testing practices, ethical and professional conduct.
- Establishes and enforces guidelines for student participation in the recruiting and internship program including events, deadlines, procedures, and assessment.
- Represents Student Success in a variety of university, community and other networking events, visits to employer and internship sites, and hosting organizations on campus for employer/internship development and cultivation purposes.
- Develops promotional material to increase additional employer and internship services including web and career sponsorship, information sessions, career fairs, sponsoring receptions, and other programs/events.
- Serves as a resource to WorldWide students and alumni to target employers and internship opportunities in other areas.
- Master's degree in college personnel administration, business, human resources, communications or related field required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in communications, marketing, human resources, promotion, recruiting, public relations, or related field.
- Experience with a diverse student population such as military, adult, and online learners.
- Knowledge of recruiting, career services, career development, and student development.
- Experience with web-based career related management information programs.
- Demonstrate abilities in interpersonal relations, communication, and presentation skills.
- High energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, and ability to deal with multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
- Commitment to higher education and student success.
Job ID 2017-1497
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo