Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 06-14-2017
This position supports the guidance and education of graduate students in Audiology, providing diagnosis and treatment across the scope of practice (i.e., hearing aid selection, fitting, and maintenance, vestibular function, aural rehabilitation). He/she provides direct supervision, instruction, and evaluation of student skills and competencies, participates in the implementation of curriculum delivery as needed, and contributes to all other department functions through participation on Committees.
1. Doctorate of Audiology
2. Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
3. Illinois License in audiology (acquired or pending)
4. Ability to counsel parents and clients
5. Ability to facilitate learning and growth in students
6. Ability to work with other professionals
7. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Experience with hearing aids, pediatric diagnostic testing and pediatric amplification
2. Two years providing professional services in public or private setting.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.