SharePoint and PeopleSoft Technical Analyst
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 06-14-2017
The SharePoint and PeopleSoft Technical Analyst works within a team environment to provide analysis, design, coding, testing, and support to improve the user interactions and overall experience with SharePoint, PeopleSoft, and select homegrown web based applications.
- Provide technical analysis around how we use and should adopt and/or modify various functionalities of assigned applications to improve web interface design and user experience
- Perform technical support & incident management leveraging vendor support contracts providing subject-matter expertise on application best practices.
- Create and maintain application specific documentation.
- Provide data analysis including ad-hoc queries for analysis and reporting to further build out features to improve user experience.
- Create test plans and perform testing on application changes.
1. Bachelors' degree from accredited institution
2. 3 or more years hands on work experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 or newer
3. 2 or more years hands on website development, branding, and user interface design
4. An understanding of process management and organization techniques
5. Ability to teach users how to manage their own sites in clear and effective ways
6. Experience gathering requirements, writing use cases, facilitating meetings, documenting notes, creating deliverables, and establishing healthy business relationships
7. Experience with Source Control, Defect Management, and Incident Management Software Tools
8. Strong customer service skills along with a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality, and reliability.
9. Strong Problem Solving ability
10. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to conduct internal and external meetings
11. Ability to work independently and in a team environment with good communication and collaboration skills
12. Ability to work with considerable latitude and independence of action.
13. Be able to clearly communicate complex technical concepts verbally and in writing to management, technical staff, and customers in terms appropriate for each audience
14. Ability to analyze large amounts of detailed information, quickly understand complex issues, and break information down into smaller more manageable pieces
15. Understanding of relational database concepts, queries (SQL), and ability to use 1 or more common query/reporting tools such as SQL Developer, TOAD, Cognos, SSRS, or Crystal Reports
16. Ability to leverage Microsoft Visio, and Excel
17. Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
18. Foundation qualification in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
19. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Advanced Degree in IT or related field from accredited institution
2. Strong project, analysis, and research skills
3. Experience working in PeopleSoft
4. Experience in software testing including creating test plans, creating test cases, test execution, and documenting defects
5. Experience collecting technical requirements and designing appropriate process and/or software solutions
6. Experience in developing and debugging Software
7. Understanding of relational database concepts and query methods
8. Experience in higher education administrative systems
9. Experience in Modeling Techniques, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Usability
10. Experience working with hosted or vendor managed cloud based applications
12. An interest in learning new tools and methods
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.