Senior Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
A full-time Sr. Professional Research Assistant (PRA) position is available in the Department of Pathology at University of Colorado Denver. The PRA will be involved in a dual role in various laboratory procedures including analysis of clinical samples by molecular biology methods with a focus on assays including, but not limited to, DNA sequencing, real-time PCR and next generation DNA sequencing (NGS). This position will involve testing of human tumor samples for genetic changes in a clinical laboratory environment. The position will also provide services in anatomic pathology under the direction of the certified Pathologists' Assistant and Pathologist. The Gross Room Technician (GRT) role grosses simple anatomic pathology specimens as well as interacts with other allied health professionals as nurses and support staff to resolve interdisciplinary issues. Additionally, the GRT must have a broad understanding of the day to day operations of the gross room and is critical in maintaining organization and efficiency.
The laboratory operates in compliance with CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act) standards and inspected by the CAP (College of American Pathologists). As such, the candidate should have knowledge of the requirements for working in a clinical laboratory environment, and any previous experience in a clinical laboratory, ISO certified laboratory or laboratory carrying other certifications is preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Master's, PhD or MD degree with a minimum of two years of molecular biology laboratory experience, and a good theoretical understanding of the molecular biology.
- Reliable, punctual, and motivated in his or her work. Attention to details, diligence in data recording/documentation, strict adherence to established assay protocols and laboratory policies/procedures, strong organizational skills and work well within a team.
- Training in biochemistry, molecular biology, and / or genetics with a theoretical understanding and experience in interpretation of molecular assay results.
- Experienced in meeting CLIA and CAP standards / requirements. Applicants with previous experience in a CLIA certified setting, or with clinical laboratory credentials such as MB, ASCP are encouraged to apply.
- Next generation sequencing assay experience a plus.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 9910
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20112 - SOM-Pathology
Posting Date: Jun 14, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Joe Wozniak
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00706857