Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
CU Sports Medicine, within the University of Colorado, Department of Orthopedics, has an opening for a full time clinical research coordinator. CU Sports Medicine provides comprehensive care for sports and related injuries to competitive and recreational athletes of all types and ages. Research activities will focus primarily on shoulder, knee and hip outcomes.
These positions work directly with the principal investigators and other PRAs. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: assisting with recruitment and consenting of subjects, data collection and management, and regulatory board submissions.
This position will work mainly out of the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora.
Examples of Work Performed:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- study recruitment;
- consenting subjects;
- scheduling and conducting study related visits, as required by the protocol;
- study document management;
- data collection and management;
- preparation of regulatory documents for COMIRB/WIRB submissions;
- attending research meetings, and;
- participation in educational, research and other activities related to sports medicine.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a health related field.
- 2 years' experience in Clinical Research
Required Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- outstanding organizational and time-management skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop solid rapport with others;
- excellent oral and written skills with the ability to write and conduct daily communications;
- self-motivated, proactive learner;
- ability to collaborate with a variety of investigators and individuals;
- basic knowledge of data collection and management;
- familiarity with computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel, and ;
- ability to represent the University, Department and CU Sports Medicine, internally and externally, in a professional and positive manner.
- Master's degree in health related field
- Experience with statistical analysis
- ACRP or SoCRA certification
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Questions should be directed to Jessie.Larson@ucdenver.edu
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 9912
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20259 - SOM-Orthopedics
Posting Date: Jun 14, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jessie Larson
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00621549