Clery Act/ADA Compliance Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
$53,700 - $92,900
Reporting to the Executive Director, Enterprise Risk Management, the Clery Act/ADA Compliance Coordinator works collaboratively with various units at UC Riverside, UCR Health and outside agencies to ensure the institution's compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the "Clery Act"), as well as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and other relevant federal and state laws and regulations. The Clery Act/ADA Compliance Coordinator oversees UC Riverside Clery Act and ADA compliance programs. This includes preparing the Annual Security Report, identifying and training "Campus Security Authorities", preparing the daily crime and fire log and identifying, analyzing and classifying crimes and disciplinary referrals. ADA compliance activities include serving as the Section 504 coordinator, monitoring compliance with state and federal regulations, educating, training, and guiding the University community, developing policies and procedures, and assuring that appropriate processes are in place.
Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
Ability to research, study and interpret complex document from diverse sources, compile salient information and communications with appropriate internal and external contacts.
Proven strong interpersonal and presentation skills to effectively participate in-person with individuals, small and large group settings, and to be persuasive in difficult situations that may require organizational or individual change or compliance with policy and/or law.
Ability to develop and maintain knowledge of the Clery Act, the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), Higher Education Act (HEA), Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guidelines, Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended (ADAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Excellent computer skills; proficient or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Strong policy analysis techniques.
Strong skills in analyzing, researching and synthesizing large amounts of data for preparing sound and relevant proposals/analyses.
Knowledge of Federal Title IX Act.
Knowledge of university policies, procedures, organizations, structure.
Knowledge of common organization- or research-specific and other computer application programs.
Knowledge of National Incident Management System.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview