ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR/WRITER, Marketing & Communications, Interactive Design (4699/F1417)
BU’s award-winning Interactive Design team is expanding and we’re looking to add some conceptual firepower.
We’re seeking an Associate Creative Director/Writer to lead the charge on a variety of projects and to motivate teams to do breakthrough work. The ACD/Writer is a leader, collaborator, strategic problem solver, and gifted storyteller who is relentless in pursuit of the big idea, and sets the conceptual bar high for the entire creative team. Consistently generates big ideas that are feasible and effective — while fostering an environment of collaboration across the entire department.
Our ideal candidate has experience concepting and executing across multiple mediums and platforms — digital, broadcast, traditional, social, OOH, emerging technology. An expert multi-tasker and extremely versatile, this person will manage large site builds, collaborate with Content Strategy to create brand positioning and messaging platforms for a range of clients at the University, partner with Editorial on digital storytelling projects, oversee content development, and also take a hands-on approach in crafting award-winning concepts and handling marketing/longform writing. He/she reports to the Executive Creative Director.
- Develop and produce cross-platform communications for schools and departments as well as editorial publications.
- Supervise the interactive design process—Visual Design, Information Architecture, Wireframing, User Experience—and collaborate with Content Strategists and front- and back-end developers throughout the build of design.
- Create a range of breakthrough, viable concepts and designs for each assignment, demonstrating a strategic approach with high attention to detail.
- Propel projects forward by providing creative direction and strategic oversight to resolve challenges and keep the team focused and on schedule.
- Inspire and motivate creative teams to develop creative work of the highest caliber, while also producing work of his/her own.
- Comfortable working with multiple creative partners and collaborating across various departments.
- Collaborate closely with editors/writers from Editorial Team. Serve as Interactive Design’s liaison to ensure the creation and delivery of best-in-class digital storytelling.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and make recommendations for clients and the department based on his/her learning.
- Be proactive, entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, and innovative.
- Create great work, while still having a life beyond the office.
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent or advanced certification preferred. Five to eight years of comprehensive experience in integrated campaigns and creative direction.
- Extraordinary creative ability and communication skills. Ability to oversee and direct the work of writers, designers and others.
- Personnel management skills essential.
- Superb time management and project management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience across all mediums—TV, print, digital, and non-traditional.
- A masterful presenter with ability to articulate complex interactive design principles, brand positioning, creative platforms, advertising messaging—even to the most uninitiated of audiences
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.