Assistant Director of Annual and Leadership Giving
Senior Commencement, Phonathon and Marketing
Lafayette College offers an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and driven individual to become part of an accomplished development team. Lafayette is a highly selective, liberal arts college with an endowment ranked in the top 2% nationally of independent colleges. Presently, the College is in the public phase of its $400M Live Connected, Lead Change capital campaign and recently completed one of the most successful fundraising years in its 190-year history.
The Assistant Director of Annual and Leadership Giving will report to the Associate Director of Leadership Giving and will assist in raising critical philanthropic resources to help Lafayette meet its ambitious capital campaign goal while advancing the College’s strategic direction and assisting in building a culture of philanthropy. The successful candidate must have an appreciation for liberal learning and the ability engage constituents from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assist in the overall efforts of the Annual and Leadership Giving team, especially in the creation and execution of direct marketing materials
· Manage the Class Commencement Gift program
· Assist with fundraising efforts for Young alumni with a special focus on the five most recent graduating classes
· Management and oversight of the student Phonathon program
· Develop and implement student philanthropy program on campus aimed at educating undergraduates about the impact of philanthropy on their Lafayette experience
· Form collaborative team partnerships with major gift officers, divisional staff, and other members of the Lafayette community
· Perform other responsibilities upon request, as needed
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· A minimum of one to three years of professional development or equivalent experience with annual giving or marketing experience preferred
· Well-developed listening, written, and interpersonal skills with a creative mindset
· Strong proficiency in various forms of technology including social media vehicles, email marketing tools, and Microsoft Office programs.
· Experience working with large databases and capability to perform detailed data analyses
· A high level of energy and a team orientation
· An ability and willingness to take initiative and a sense of humor are essential
· An ability and willingness to work some nights and weekends
How to Apply: Please submit resume, letter of application, and three references through the following website: http://apply.interfolio.com/42600 . Resume review will begin on June 16, 2017.