Fiscal Affairs Coordinator/PSS2, AS (IRT)
Reporting to the Senior Vice President/Chief Information Officer, Information Resources and Technology (IRT), the Professional Services Specialist 2, Administrative Services (PSS2, AS) oversees all budgeting, contract and financial obligations of IRT and assists members of the Rowan University community with financial issues related to technology-related funding.Responsibilities:
- Manages fiscal compliance of all technology-related contracts for the division of Information Resources and Technology (IRT), including contracts for Rowan Medicine. Submits contracts to procurement and then to the vendor when completed. Renews contracts yearly when warranted. Assists University departments with quotes needed for technology orders and order updates when requested.
- Supervises the fiscal affairs of the Division of IRT, which includes 19 operational budgets and 28 specialized capital budgets.
- Oversees budget compliance for all projects undertaken by the IRT Project Management Department. Tracks and adheres to all policy and regulatory compliance metrics for projects carried out by IRT.
- Reviews all expenditures and provides reports when requested.
- Processes all requisitions and works with IRT staff, vendors, Accounts Payable and Procurement to process orders and satisfy accounts. Processes all invoices for the division of IRT and completed weekly budget reviews with the Vice President/CIO. Assists in processing technology orders online for the university using the methods established by the Procurement office and working with technology vendors to ensure order has been successfully submitted.
- Supervises Technology Fee allocation for all colleges. Works with the Deans, Associate Deans, support staff, faculty and the Vice President/CIO to review all requests and finalizing the approved list. Processes all requisitions and invoices for said account.
- Prepares all Board of Trustees resolutions for the IRT division working with IRT staff and Procurement. Prepares all bid documents for the division of IRT working with IRT staff and the office of Procurement.
- Conducts research; compiles and analyzes financial and other related data and provides the Information Resources and Technology Senior Vice President/CIO with strategy for divisional budgetary updates and input for divisional projects.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business or other related management discipline, such as Accounting or Finance.
- An MBA with a concentration in MIS or Finance.
- Three (3) years of budget or finance experience to include IT business of budget management.
- Experience relating to contract management
- Other functional experience, particularly in IT
- Previous experience developing an effective IT strategy that had a high impact in a similar capacity
- Ability to interpret contract terms and conditions to manage complex agreements and contracts between interdepartmental and intradepartmental projects.
- Ability to delegate and manage tasks between divisions.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve superior results from leading fiscal management operations.
- Understanding of the global IT products, services market, and its trends.
- Understanding of IT-specific financial needs and concerns.
- Understanding of Banner Finance a plus.
- Interest in IT and understands technology market trends.
- Strong interpersonal communications and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented and process-oriented with analytical skills.
- Strong problem-solving and relationship-building skills in complex supplier and internal customer relationship settings.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.