Director, International Center
The Director has direct oversight of: International Student and Scholar Support Services, English Language Programs, International Partnerships, and the university’s International Travel Policy. Additionally, the Director works closely with International Recruitment and Admissions in order to support the university’s goals of increased international student enrollment and with the Education Abroad Office, specifically as pertains to Rowan’s international student exchange partnerships. The Director will develop and implement a plan for comprehensive internationalization at Rowan University and will lead the university toward achievement of its international goals as pertains to research, academic programming, partnerships, student enrollment, and student engagement opportunities.
The ideal candidate has:
- Ideas and connections for expanding partnerships with peer institutions around the world, including developing, negotiating, and maintaining MOUs / Exchange Agreements between Rowan University and international institutions;
- The ability to develop strategic plans and goals to improve the International Center office with demonstrated ability for successful implementation;
- Experience as a PDSO (Principal Designated School Official) and RO (Responsible Officer) (must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident in order to be PDSO or RO);
- Extensive knowledge of international recruitment strategies at both the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Knowledge of and experience with developing international partnerships in collaboration with academic colleges across the campus;
- Experience with university-based Intensive English Programs, and ways to expand pathways into the university through the IEP; specifically, the candidate would have knowledge of applied linguistics, second language acquisition, language-teaching methodologies, assessment and curriculum;
- Experience with international travel and/or working abroad;
- Knowledge of education abroad programming;
- Experience developing emergency management policies for international students on campus and staff/students traveling abroad;
- Outstanding capacity for working effectively in diverse environments;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with departments at all levels of the university in order to work collaboratively toward common goals;
- Ability to think creatively and be flexible in a rapidly growing environment;
- Must be eligible to be a PDSO or RO (U.S. citizen or permanent resident)
- Master’s degree (PhD/EdD preferred) and at least two years of managing an international office or similar entity or function at an institution of higher education or related organization.
All applications must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the deadline date is July 5, 2017. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/CV.
Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 17,300 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.