Research Associate-Fixed Term
Dr. Lisa Linnenbrink-Garcia (http://llgarcia.educ.msu.edu/) in the Department of Counseling, Educational Psychology, and Special Education (http://education.msu.edu/cepse/) seeks a Research Associate (post-doctoral fellow) to work on an NIH-funded study examining supports for undergraduates science motivation and persistence in science careers. As part of this ongoing longitudinal study (now in year 7 of data collection), we are following undergraduates at two post-secondary institutions from their first year in college through two years post-graduation. Data collection includes annual self-report surveys, institutional data, and interviews. The research associate will have the opportunity to work closely with Dr. Linnenbrink-Garcia and with her co-PI, Dr. Tony Perez at Old Dominion University. The project, which includes the evaluation of a summer intervention program (Launch into Education about Pharmacology) for rising college sophomores, focuses on how undergraduate enrichment experiences shape motivation and subsequent engagement, achievement, and career aspirations/choices in science, and considers whether these processes are similar for women, first-generation students, and racial/ethnic minorities that are traditionally underrepresented in science.
- Conduct longitudinal analyses examining the impact of the motivation intervention and participation in other undergraduate enrichment experiences on motivation and subsequent engagement, achievement, and career aspirations/choices in science.
- Coordinate survey data collection and processing/analysis of survey and institutional data
- Participate in analyses of qualitative interview data
- Mentor graduate and undergraduate research associates
- Contribute to manuscripts
Doctorate -educ, developmental or social psy or relMinimum Requirements
Applicants should have an earned doctoral degree in educational, developmental, or social psychology or a related field or provide evidence that the doctoral degree will be completed prior to the start of the appointment.
Experience conducting psychological and/or educational research using longitudinal and/or experimental designs; knowledge and expertise in the use of SPSS and Excel.Desired Qualifications
Background in motivation as well as an interest in statistics, including structural equation modeling, longitudinal data analysis, and/or person-centered data analysis; experience with MPlus.Required Application Materials
(1) cover letter detailing qualifications for the position, including a clear statement of research interests and description of relevant statistical and data management experience, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) up to three representative publications, and (4) names and contact information for three references.Special Instructions
Please submit all application materials by June 28, 2017 at careers.msu.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Late submissions will be considered if suitable candidates are not identified by the deadline.