Assistant Vice President, Marketing & Communications
Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota, is in search of an Assistant Vice President, Marketing & Communications. This role is responsible for the overall development and execution of a marketing strategy, which encompasses public relations, stewardship of the Macalester brand, web presence, as well as, internal and external communications. This role is integral to assuring that Macalester nurtures and cultivates its position as a preeminent liberal arts college.
Reporting to our Vice President of Advancement, this position leads the overall marketing and communications function with a staff of 14 dedicated professionals. The individual we seek, will be charged with:
- Facilitating the overall marketing strategy for the college via partnering with the senior leadership team and other key stakeholders from across the college. A significant key to success will be the development and utilization of data and metrics to inform and guide identified strategies and goals.
- Managing the development and creation of marketing materials as a means to achieving the marketing strategy, with a heightened focus on both our Advancement and Admissions goals.
- Managing the Marketing and Communications team and program using measurable goals.
- Facilitating both the internal and external communications from the President’s Office.
- Contributing to the overall Advancement team and the greater Macalester community with a positive and collaborative leadership presence.
The individual we seek will have a minimum of 8 years of experience with marketing strategy and development which should include extensive experience using data and metrics for the formation of strategy, as well as for measuring outcomes. Candidates will have an undergraduate degree in marketing or a related field, with advanced degrees preferred. Additionally, the colleague we seek will have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of new and emerging technologies including extensive knowledge of social media platforms and web-based technologies.
- Demonstrated history of successfully building, leading and managing a team of professionals in pursuit of identified goals.
- Knowledge and experience developing a comprehensive strategy that encapsulates a mix of constituencies such as prospective students, alumni and vested community members.
- Highly functional understanding of the current dynamics and perspectives that surround or impact institutions of higher education.
For best consideration, please submit resume and cover letter in one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage no later than July 11, 2017.
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphases on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.