Creative Project Manager
Creative Project Manager
Requisition Number: STFR003800
Division/College: Professional Advancement Network
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Under the supervision of the AVP of Digital Strategy, the Creative Project Manager is responsible for oversight of the processes related to the design, development, execution, and production of all marketing and communication projects related to enrollment and student affairs for Northeastern University.
In this role, you will oversee the workload for a creative team comprised of both staff and contract developers, designers and content producers responsible for producing a large volume of digital and print deliverables. Your day to day work will include, but not be limited to: resource allocation, project management, traffic management, invoice processing and ensuring the timely execution of multiple complex projects, priorities, and deadlines for internal and external partners.
The Creative Project Manager is responsible for defining and communicating the processes that are required to execute a successful project as well as identifying and managing the best tools to support those processes. You will be the chief point person for the implementation, management, and daily use of project management software (currently Workfront) and other workflow protocols; generating project schedules, regular report, assessing priorities, and juggling accordingly to keep workloads balanced and projects on time.
You will direct project intake, establish and maintain project timelines and assist in the assignment of creative resources through the capacity of understanding their existing workload. You will also help to set, and reset, priorities as necessary through regular meetings with production resources, marketing managers and the creative team. Your role includes being responsible for all successful execution of all project schedule as well as ensuring cost efficiencies in all marketing projects. This includes interfacing and managing internal and external freelance and vendor relationships.
The Creative Project Manager meets regularly with the AVP of Enrollment Marketing & Recruiting for the Professional Advancement Network as well as the Sr. Director of Enrollment Marketing & Communications for the undergraduate day programs, in order to assess creative requests, goals, and strategies and aid in developing an effective strategy for achieving the goals of the project in light of any limitations of resources, budget or time.
The ideal candidate for this role has strong project management skills, a deep familiarity with both print and digital workflows, is team-oriented and highly organized, is a strong, clear, and concise communicator, is flexible and adaptable, and has the ability manage change and keep projects on-track amid shifting priorities.
• Bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years of project management in a marketing or agency setting.
• Deep familiarity all aspects of creative development for print, digital, and content development (including web development, UX design methodologies and Agile project management)
• Previous experience in a traffic and/or production management preferred
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks, tight deadlines, and competing priorities
• Must be technically proficient, familiarly with the work required to design and develop websites and able to adopt new technologies independently.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, highly flexible and innovative environment.
• Must be confident and able to make informed decisions, be proactive, and take initiative and ownership over projects
• Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple groups
• Strong knowledge of print and web production required
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication required
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project, Workfront or equivalent project management tools required
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.