Assistant Managing Director - PRATT/BF+DA (1730)
Founded in 2013, the Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator is a hub for social and environmental entrepreneurship and production. We are committed to the growth of triple bottom line enterprise in NYC. We offer our community mentorship, studio space and access to events and programs that connect the dots between sustainability, technology, enterprise and production.
The BF+DA seeks an Assistant Managing Director to manage a diverse and dynamic team of professionals and supervise daily operations. You will work with the BF+DA team and its executive director to implement systems that ensure successful programming and support. You are well-versed in operations management and understand the NYC incubator and accelerator landscape. You have excellent communication skills and enjoy supporting and facilitating teams.
- Manage staff to support high performance in alignment with the strategic goals.
- Work with the ED to develop collaborative opportunities within the Pratt academic programs and other academic institutions and innovation centers.
- Represent and support the director in participating in external events within the entrepreneurship, tech and design communities in NY.
- Work with the director to coordinate and supervise daily operations.
- Assist in the budgeting and monitoring of revenues and expenses on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate team communications.
- Assist in developing and implementing plans and goals and measure success.
- Assist ED with funding proposals and reporting.
- Monitor staff attendance and HR budgets.
- Coordinate hiring of staff.
Education: Bachelors required; Masters preferred.
Experience: Must have at least 3 years of supervisory experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiar with the entrepreneurship, innovation, design and tech ecosystems in NYC.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and public speaking skills.
- Grant writing and management experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office and Google apps, relational databases and software (e.g. ERP and CRM) and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with staff from diverse backgrounds, as well as demonstrate sensitivity to cross-cultural perspectives and experiences.
In order to be considered please submit a resume, a cover letter that includes salary history and expectations, and the names and contact information for three professional references. PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.