Director - Boston Based Programs
Director - Boston Based Programs
Requisition Number: STFR003797
Division/College: College of Professional Studies
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Reporting to the Senior Associate Dean for Global Engagement, the Director of Operations, Boston-Based Pathway Programs will be responsible for working closely with the GPAC Faculty Lead to ensure the successful design, development and delivery of the Boston-based programs including: oversee analysis and evaluation to ensure that programs achieve core objectives, meet market demand, and are financially sound; implement quality control processes, including review and revision of programs of study and assessment practices; and managing all aspects of adjunct faculty hiring, onboarding, and professional development opportunities to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreement. In addition, the Director of Operations manages full- and part-time professional staff and develops staff through ensuring adequate mentoring, supervision, and professional development. Establishing and maintaining strategic relationships with key stakeholders at the College of Professional Studies and Northeastern University is an important aspect of this role. The Director of Operations manages the implementation and impact of marketing activities and makes appropriate recommendations. S/he will collaborate with faculty and senior staff to ensure that programs align with the mission of NU Global and Northeastern University, and meet or exceed Northeastern University's standards of quality. Additionally, the Director will work with members of the senior leadership team to explore development of future initiatives within the NU Global portfolio.
- Masters degree in Education or related field, terminal degree preferred.
- Significant experience working with multi-cultural clients.
- 8 - 10 years of administrative experience with increasing responsibilities in a large, complex unit within a higher education institution.
- Effective administrative, supervisory, and organizational skills
- Project and time management, including superior communication, skills at all levels.
- Ability to direct and integrate all aspects of a project or program, ensuring that work progresses toward achieving goals and objectives on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to facilitate and implement change
- Proven track record of effective and results driven problem solving and decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to diverse constituencies.
- Highly effective and organized presenter and meeting facilitator.
- Strong evidence of having worked successfully with full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Experience living, traveling, or working abroad necessary.
- Understanding of, and ability to use technologies, systems, and tools common in higher education (e.g. Apply Yourself, Banner, Salesforce, Social Media, Content Management Systems etc.).
- Deep understanding of campus climate within higher education and how to take actions that satisfy diverse interests while achieving programmatic and unit goals.
- Strong ability to build and maintain teams; excellent team-member whether as lead or member.
- Proficiency in a language other than English preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity in the work environment.
Criminal Background Check required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.