Faculty - Dental Assisting (adjunct)
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking a part-time Dental Assisting Instructor. A Part time faculty member is expected to maintain high standards of professionalism and high academic standards of professionalism and high academic standards. Up to 29 hours per week are to be spent in the following: direct instruction; preparation and evaluation of instruction; accessibility to students; committee assignments; Faculty may be assigned a teaching schedule that includes any college location, and at times that meet student, program and college needs.
Responsibilities include: Teaching preparation for each class/lab; staying current with reading and research, creating and updating PowerPoint’s for lectures, viewing videos and DVDs before showing student; selection of new audiovisual material, creating and updating: syllabi, objectives, tests, quizzes and assignments, acquiring and organizing materials and equipment for lab sessions, setting up materials and equipment before labs, creating and updating: lab schedules, proficiencies and other lab activities.
- Liaison with professional organizations: American Dental Assistants Association, North Carolina Dental Assistants Association, and Local dental society.
- Inventory control; determine supplies needed for labs and getting supplies ready to be ordered through e-pro.
- Bachelor’s degree or educational plan to complete bachelors before January 2018.
- CPR Certified
- CDA (DANB) (must be obtained within 3 months)
- ADAA Membership
- 5 Years Clinical Chairside Experience