Chief Financial Officer - CFO
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization. The CFO supervises the finance unit and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO reports directly to the President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and directly assists the Chief Operating Officer (COO) on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Work with the President/CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on city, state, and national levels, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the CEO and COO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits.
- Provide the COO with an operating budget. Work with the COO to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements. This includes: 1) interpreting legislative and programmatic rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and contractual guidelines, 2) ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel, and 3) monitoring compliance.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee federal awards and programs. Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all A-133 audit issues are resolved, and all 403(b) compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee.
CFO - seasoned and mature leader with at least 0+ years of broad finance experience, ideally beginning in accounting, followed by experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership. S/he will have experience managing the finance function (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) within a diverse, division-based entity.
- A minimum of a BS; MBA preferred; a CPA would be a plus.
Located in Northern NJ. No relocation.
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 12:34:52 PDT