Senior Plastics Engineer
Fusion Optix is offering a very attractive package for a Plastics Engineer to be a tooling and process development lead in its rapidly expanding extrusion and plastics processing team. This position will be instrumental in achieving targets for delivery, customer service, annualized COGS (cost of goods sold) reduction from lean, strategic sourcing, and capital strategy initiatives.
- Lead engineer for production and R&D plastics processing equipment which includes profile, film, and sheet extruders used to process PMMA, PC and other optical grade engineering resins.
- Meet company customer service, deliver, and quality goals.
- Work with internal product design team to commercialize new light management products.
- Design profile tooling and custom jigs to expand capabilities and range of products, for example embossing and microstructuring approaches.
- Manage related materials recycling and sustainability program.
- Provide leadership, training, mentoring and coaching to increase Lean knowledge throughout the team and support professional development.
- Collaborate with quality, operations management and purchasing staff to optimize supply chain capabilities to meet safety, quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Confer with resin suppliers to determine product specifications. Compare products specifications to design, performance and quality requirements and assist in purchase of selected products.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in plastics or polymer engineering subject, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8-12 years of experience with at least 3 years in senior engineering role
- Demonstrated record of successful implementation of Lean and quality/six sigma initiatives.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Self-motivated and well organized.
- Experience in optical component, semiconductor or medical device manufacturing a definite plus.
Fusion Optix is a world leader in LED light engines and optics. We design, develop and manufacture components and modules that are used in lighting fixtures, lamps and bulbs. We are a hard working, collegiate and international team that are revolutionizing the way people light their lives. Our compensation and benefits are designed to attract, reward and retain the best talent. We reward performance and In addition to competitive base salaries we offer bonuses and profit related pay. Our benefit package is comprehensive and includes Fidelity 401K with 6% company matching, comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage. Our philosophy is to reward quality work, excellent customer service, high performing results and team building wherever we can, Fusion Optix promotes from within wherever possible.
Fusion Optix was recently voted by Red Herring as one of the Top100 most innovative companies in the Americas and listed by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing manufacturing company in the US. We have sold products to 40 countries worldwide and our customers include some of the world's most distinguished brands. We are recognized as industry leaders in optics and our patented innovations can be found in products used every day in business or the home. As well as, the demanding scientific, medical, military and aerospace applications. Our company headquarter is in Woburn MA where we house our main air conditioned cleanroom production operations.
Visit our website (http://www.fusionoptix.com) or follow us on twitter (@fusionoptix).
Thu, 25 May 2017 15:53:50 PDT