Quality Control Lab Technician
Our client is hiring for Quality Control Lab technicians in their plant. The Quality Control Technician is engaged in all facets of lab testing for raw materials, in-process/production, and finished product quality control in support of biodiesel and glycerin production operations. This position also plays an important role in troubleshooting production issues and simulating plant production processes. The plant operates on a 24/7 schedule. The successful candidate must also be able to acquire a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Perform multiple lab tests to support in-process and production quality control
- Lab testing of finished production lots and quality control certification
- Lab testing to troubleshoot processing problems, including lab simulation of existing and new production processes
- Documentation and management of test results and process simulation results
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized lab
- Maintain all lab equipment and troubleshoot as necessary
- Participate in meetings regarding production/operations, production and product quality control, as well as health and safety
- Perform all duties in a manner consistent with environmental, health and safety policies and objectives
Work Experience & Skills Required/Preferred:
- Experience with Gas Chromatography, HPLC, FTIR, Potentiometric Titration, Statistical Process Control, Petroleum testing a plus
- Experience with biodiesel operaons preferred
- Prior experience working in a chemical plant environment preferred
- Familiarity with OSHA, EPA, and other industry regulations
Computer skills required to ulize standard products and proprietary databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work without direct supervision to meet daily work requirements
- Possess strong problem solving and troubleshoting skills
- Must be fully proficient in English
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
While performing the essential duties of this position, the team member may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, dusty conditions, high noise levels, external weather conditions, and potential exposure to chemicals. Specific physical requirements include:
- Work around industrial equipment, including frequent climbing, stooping reaching pulling, pushing, bending, and grasping.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment in designated areas (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, respiratory masks)
- Ability to work rotational on call, call ins, and weekend/holiday as required
High school diploma required. An advanced degree, such as Associate Degree in Biology/Chemistry, is strongly preferred
Whether working for Wilson Staffing Network (WSN) in a staffing role or working for one of the highest rated facilities in the US, WSN specializes in securing the best possible position based on your experience. WSN will work with you to meet all your needs - from arranging interviews with facilities to ultimately negotiating the most lucrative compensation package you deserve.
Wed, 7 Jun 2017 11:34:54 PDT