CDL Training Operations Coordinator (F/T), CFRE21537CE
The coordinator serves as the main point of contact for the COD Truck Driving School and is responsible for student inquires and follow-up, ensuring pre-course requirements are met, tracking files for the Secretary of State (SoS), and managing program resources, enrollments, budgets and reporting.
Position Title: CDL Training Operations Coordinator (F/T), CFRE21537CE
Duties of Position:
- Support potential and current students in registration, funding, testing, and program completion by phone, in person and via email.
- Ensure students meet all pre-course requirements: i.e., permits, physical and pre-hire letters.
- Maintain accurate files for the Secretary of State such as registering student on the SoS website, requesting student testing times, manage files and filing systems to ensure they are correct for Secretary of State random audits.
- Submit accurate course listings to the COD Scheduling office by prescribed deadlines.
- Manage random drug testing program on a quarterly basis.
- Support program enrollment and budget and provide monthly updates; ensure full payment received before SoS testing.
- Ensure contract agreements completed for CDL services and contractors and submit in a timely fashion.
- Ensure program has adequate supplies, equipment and resources to maintain quality training; i.e., active IPASS account working vehicles, safety renewals for trucks and trailers; school and instructor license renewals (in advance).
- Ensure repairs are made in a timely manner, with consideration to overall budget limitations and official COD financial processes.
- Liaise with workNet on a daily basis to meet WIOA requirement prior to and during student cohorts.
- Help identify new student funding resources such as scholarships, truck company partnerships and payment plans, and alternative loans.
- Verify that all insurance policies are renewed annually and presented to the Secretary of State.
- Support marketing efforts including: planning, writing, selection of media outlets, events, monthly Saturday morning orientation sessions, social media and distribution of materials.
- Provide administrative support to maintain vendor relationships; scheduling local events, travel, and conferences as needed; and working with COD offices to submit tuition payments, employer sponsorship payment details, and WIOA payment processing.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of experience coordination programs in an educational setting. Excellent computer skills, demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft applications including Excel. Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation, and relationship management skills.
High-level of detail, ability to organize work, meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and work accurately with a commitment to quality.
Ability to work comfortably with people with diverse backgrounds.
Ability to work with databases (Colleague knowledge is a plus) and analyze data.
EDUCATION: Associate degree or higher.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of experience coordinating programs in a fast-paced environment in an educational setting, working with diverse students populations.
And two (2) years of experience in enrollment, registration or admissions roles.
Specialized knowledge of CDL license and truck driving training or professional programs.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or higher.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, copier and scanner.
Pleasant office, non-smoking.
Department: Continuing Education - CE
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt