Assistant Director for Financial Aid
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 46-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 75,000 proud and successful alumni and partners with nearly 20,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
SUNY Empire State College is seeking an Assistant Director (State Title: Senior Financial Aid Advisor) for the Office of Financial Aid. The Assistant Director will assist the Director in managing, supervising and coordinating the delivery of the Financial Aid office's daily service functions. They will establish procedures and coordinate logistics, workload and workflow to ensure the efficient delivery of services.
The successful candidate will have input in the determination and periodic review of Financial Aid office procedures. They will analyze, interpret and disseminate state and federal financial aid regulations and information to the college community via presentations, workshops, in-service training, email and the Empire State College website. The Assistant Director will supervise the financial aid counselors and support staff including holding regular staff meetings and completing regular performance programs and evaluations.
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of five years of experience and increased responsibility in the administration of student financial aid
- Supervisory experience
- Proficiency in computer applications and aptitude to quickly learn new technology and systems
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks; demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative and creativity and the ability to function well in an environment that promotes both teamwork and independence
- Strong, well-developed organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work effectively with students, the public, the college community and external constituencies with sensitivity to the needs of older learners and an appreciation for cultural and group differences
- Experience with Datatel's Colleague and Ellucian's Banner student systems
- Ability to apply complex regulations to a variety of situations
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
- Occasional travel for workshop and presentations at college locations, as well as flexible work schedule during peak periods
Applications Due by: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Posting Link: https://esc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=84987