Assistant Director, Clinical Experiences in Audiology
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 06-13-2017
This position is responsible for scheduling all off-campus clinical experiences for graduate students in audiology. This position must have knowledge of ASHA practicum requirements to ensure that each student attains appropriate types, levels, and amounts of clinical hours. This position establishes contacts in outside placements in order to place CSD students in internships. This position also is responsible for ensuring all appropriate contracts and other pieces of paperwork are completed to place students in outside internships. This position assists the Director in planning and conducting clinic meetings with graduate students in audiology. The person in this position provides direct supervision to audiology graduate students in the clinic.
1. Doctor of Audiology degree
2. Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
3. Eligibility for Illinois License - Audiology
4. Ability to counsel parents/spouses (caregivers) and clients
6. Ability to facilitate learning and growth in students
7. Ability to work with other professionals
8. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Five years of clinical experience in Audiology.
2. Experience with hearing aids.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.