Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 06-12-2017
This position relates directly to new student outreach with emphasis on the recruitment and matriculation of qualified prospective students. Admissions Counselors are assigned a specific recruitment territory where they attend high school visits and college fairs. Evening and weekend work, including travel, is required. Daily presentations to large and small groups. Admissions Counselors are involved in the planning and implementation of related recruitment activities.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Ability to conduct large group presentations on a daily basis
3. Ability to relate to a variety of student populations
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills
5. Excellent organization skills
6. Computer skills for Microsoft Office, recruitment management systems (CRM) and administrative tasks
7. Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others toward a common goal of serving the University and its students
8. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.