Assistant Vice President of Facilities Management, Campus Planning & Operations
Medgar Evers College, The City University of New York (Medgar Evers) believes that education has the power to positively transform the lives of individuals, and that education is the right of all. A dynamic and vibrant institution, its mission is to provide higher education for the underserved populations of Central Brooklyn through high-quality, professional and career-oriented undergraduate degree programs.
A four-year liberal arts college, Medgar Evers is a beacon of educational opportunity, culture, and success to the New York City community and beyond. The College is dedicated to making a positive impact on the surrounding community and pioneering initiatives that will create success for even the youngest learners in Central Brooklyn.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer for Administration, the Assistant Vice President for Campus Planning and Facilities will serve as the College's principal officer for the direction, planning and administration of the day-to-day operation of all campus facilities. This includes facilities planning and maintenance, space administration, construction management, renovations, physical plant management, architectural and engineering services, utilities distribution, custodial and all other maintenance services. Responsibilities also involve leadership of a new Master Planning initiative, which will provide a blueprint for the College's physical future.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervises the functions of the Offices of Physical Plant Maintenance, Buildings and Grounds, and
Environmental Health and Safety.
- Develops and implements protocols for managing campus facilities, including construction projects,
renovations, preventive and routine maintenance, special projects and projects under the supervision of the City University of New York (CUNY) and the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY).
- Oversees the development, implementation and maintenance of databases to record and track facilities
projects, routine maintenance, maintenance on all major systems and equipment, and establishes a college-wide facilities management system.
- Develops protocols and policies for energy conservation, management of the College capital budget, and strategies to ensure a safe and healthful environment on campus.
- Evaluates contractor performance for design and construction and ensures proper procedures are
developed and adhered to for occupancy.
- Oversees energy and sustainability initiatives on behalf of the College.
- Develops implements and assesses department goals, policies, and procedures to ensure alignment with the College's plans.
- Provides active guidance and direction to all staff, and especially supervisors, with the aim of creating a collaborative environment to institute best practices and performance.
- Develops and manages annual budget for all departments within the AVP's oversight. Special attention to monitoring, assessing and approving all requests for facilities staff overtime.
- Create options for developing a more "campus-like" environment and enhance the overall attractiveness of the College.
- Represents the College with CUNY, DASNY, and other offices related to the facilities area
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in architecture, engineering or related field; Master's preferred.
- Five to ten years' experience at a managerial level position in facilities services (a minimum of eight years related experience required).
- Experience and knowledge in facilities planning, design and construction, facilities maintenance management, utilities operations and the supervision of these areas.
- Demonstrated evidence of ability in the management of a multi-facility complex.
- Experience in personnel management and training.
- The ability to establish effective and productive working relationships with diverse, unionized work force to provide responsive customer service.
- Must have excellent communications skills.
Assistant Vice President
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu to access the employment page. Click the "search job postings" link, followed by the "Executive" link. Click the job ID #15391 to review the posting and apply. Please upload your letter of interest and current resume.
Open until filled, with resume review to begin on September 27, 2016.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Medgar Evers College
Job Title: Assistant Vice President of Facilities Management, Campus Planning & Operations
Job ID: 15391