Coordinator, Student Involvement
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Center for Student Engagement (CSE) aims to enhance all aspects of the student experience at GW, including on-campus living, fraternity and sorority life, leadership development, student organizations, outdoor adventure, off-campus and graduate students, as well as sub-populations such as first-generation or international students. Our CSE team is committed to leadership, community, advising and our own departmental excellence. We strive to serve not only our students, but also each other as colleagues.
Coordinator, Student Involvement responsibilities include:
• Leads the development, assessment, implementation, and execution of program(s) and initiative(s) related to a specialized area of focus. Maintains oversight of activities within that area of focus, including the implementation of learning outcomes.
• Advises student organizations by providing support and development at a transactional, relational, transformational level. Advising relationships will vary based on the organizational need, but may include communicating policies and procedures, proactively identifying problematic issues with student organizations, facilitating relationships, strategic planning, and holding organizations accountable to policy while supporting their goals and activities.
• Collaborates with colleagues within the CSE and with campus partners to provide student services and ensure execution of innovative and creative service and programs targeted for a diverse student population.
• Demonstrates core professional competencies in assessment, event planning, fiscal management, staff supervision, conflict management and advising.
• Performs other duties as assigned including participating in and supporting CSE special events and activities, representing the CSE at university-wide events and activities and serving on committees. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in administration, counseling, or related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience, is desired.
- Progressively responsible higher education administration experience in a student affairs department.
- Demonstrated experience working with a wide range of underrepresented populations.
- Degree in higher education administration, counseling or related field.
- Excellent communication skills
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Division of Student Affairs Family Student Affairs Sub-Family Student Programs Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: M-F 8:30am - 5:30pm, Nights and weekends also required. Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006228 Job Open Date: 03/28/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter