Digital Media Graphic Design Specialist - College of Business E-Learning Office (A1700359)
DIGITAL MEDIA GRAPHIC DESIGN SPECIALIST
College of Business eLearning Office
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Consult with instructors and the Digital Media Team to design and manage production workflows to ensure the visual components of the curricular media are consistent with pedagogical and research goals, meet accessibility standards, and enhance the curriculum with high-quality, professional design.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Digital Media Team to create compelling multimedia curriculum materials including stills, chart/graphs, animations and motion graphics.
- Create animated openers, bumpers, lower thirds, and other graphics for on-demand and live broadcast video.
- Consult with faculty to develop animations or moving/still graphics to illustrate advanced academic concepts for use in online learning and the physical classroom.
- Develop and implement appropriate methods and technologies to ensure educational multimedia content meets Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act (IITAA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements for accessibility.
- Demonstrate a sense of responsibility for delivering valuable, high-quality work on time.
- Communicate effectively across the organization on best practices, developing production capabilities, graphic and video communications strategies.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: Bachelor's degree in a design related or instructional technology field required.
Preferred: Master's degree in design with an emphasis in visual representation of quantitative information
Required: Demonstrated experience as graphic designer. Knowledge of graphic web design. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, MS-Powerpoint, graphics creation for video.
Preferred: Creating graphics for video display, motion graphics and animation. Specific knowledge of Adobe After Effects.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references as a single PDF file by June 27, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Digital Media Graphic Design Specialist - College of Business E-Learning Office (A1700359)
Open Date: 06/13/2017
Close Date: 06/27/2017
Organization Name: eLearning