Trinity Technology Services
The Analyst, IT for West Campus/Trent User Support provides direct, first-level support for all aspects of computing (installation of hardware and software, diagnosis, repair, and user support). He/she is expected to work with fellow Trinity College of Arts & Office of Technology Services (TTS) staff members, as well as other Duke technology support staff, to provide IT support for multiple Trinity College of Arts & Sciences departments, as well affiliated Duke programs covered by service level agreements. The Analyst, IT for Central Campus User Support is a member of the Trinity College of Arts & Office of Technology Services (TTS) and reports to the Director of Operations for John Hope Franklin Center/Manager, IT Central Campus User Support.
- User Support Services - Provide end user support for faculty, staff and students in Trinity College of Arts & Sciences as well affiliated Duke programs. Maintain familiarity with supported user community and managed equipment to provide excellent proactive, just in time and customized support.
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware, software, and network connectivity for departmental and lab computing equipment. Install and maintain printers, scanners, and other peripherals.
- Coordinate access to file storage solutions (either local, centrally-provided or cloud based) for use by supported end users.
- Provide first-level troubleshooting of hardware, software and network problems
- Maintain an inventory database and accurate records of maintenance and repairs done on individual computers and special-purpose hardware devices.
- Provide training and/or printed and online documentation for procedures and policies.
- Provide periodic support for audio-visual enabled teaching and meeting spaces. Support may include technical assistance, hardware support and training for use of AV supported services (projection, teleconferencing, videoconferencing, digital displays).
- Maintain Trinity College of Arts & Sciences authentication and authorization systems necessary to allow access to departmental resources
- Assist in the creation of budgets and long range planning to meet departmental and programmatic IT needs, including custom technologies for Mac, PC, and Linux OS as needed.
- Oversee the use of departmental and lab computing funds to provide for departmental and lab IT needs and the development of departmental and lab IT infrastructure.
- Coordinate with faculty PIs to determine strategies for purchasing, renewal, and support within separate areas, and suggest ideas for collaborative purchasing and maintenance when possible.
- Act as a liaison to colleagues in TTS, OIT, CIT, and other campus IT groups
- Consult with other staff members in Trinity Technology Services to stay informed on current and emerging technology projects and opportunities for collaboration and resource sharing.
- Maintain current awareness of trends and issues relative to information technology and supported systems
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
2423 ANALYST, IT
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
BA/BS in a computer related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
2+ years experience in first or second level desktop computer support.
• Experience with troubleshooting and installation of various hardware components including but not limited to laptop displays, hard drives, RAM, logic/motherboards, wireless cards, batteries, printers, scanners, displays, and wireless devices.
• Experience in support/troubleshooting of computers (laptops, desktops) with MacOS and Windows operating system. Similar experience with mobile devices using Apple iOS and Android OS is a plus.
• Experience with remote administration applications such as Apple Remote Desktop, Casper Remote and/or ScreenConnect.
• Experience web conferencing software such as Skype or WebEx.
• Experience with Interactive Display software.
• Ability to communicate technical information in a polite, professional manner.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and work independently in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
Additional Desired Skill:
• Experience with endpoint management tool suites for both Mac and PC platforms such as JAMF Casper Suite, BigFix, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Symantec Endpoint Protection Management.
• Experience with Active Directory for managing users/group identities and permissions.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.