NURSE PRACTITIONER or PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT- Urogynecology
NURSE PRACTITIONER or PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT- Urogynecology
We are seeking a nationally certified and licensed Adult/Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP) healthcare provider with outstanding clinical experience and excellent communication skills who can work as an integral member of a large urogynecological patient-centered clinical practice. The Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP) provides direct patient care services and performs medical acts for women in both the outpatient and inpatient settings under the supervision of the Urogynecology Division MDs. The Practitioner obtains patient histories, performs physical exams, collects and documents data, conducts diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, orders and schedules laboratory studies and professional consultations, prescribes appropriate interventions and medications, and provides direct patient care services. The WHNP contributes to the excellence in patient care, research, and teaching and provides leadership within the OB/GYN department and community.
1. Assess and evaluate patients, analyze and interpret data, formulate problem lists and establish plans for resolution of clinical problems. Obtain medical history and perform general/routine gynecological examinations (speculum, bimanual pelvic examinations and general physical examinations) under indirect supervision of physician, including but not limited to pelvic exam, POP-Q exam, Pap smears, and cervical/vaginal cultures.
2. Perform minor procedures under direct supervision of Primary or Backup Supervising Physicians until signed off: (endometrial biopsy, vulvar biopsy, suturing vaginal tissue, abscess incision and drainage, management of negative pressure dressings, venipuncture, pessary fitting, suture/staple removal).
3. Assess patients for change in status and institute appropriate interventions. Initiate emergency interventions in an effort to stabilize patient until physician support arrives.
4. Order appropriate laboratory and diagnostic testing such as bloodwork, radiologist studies (i.e. ultrasound, CT, MRI, x-rays, mammograms, ECG). Supervise and perform urodynamic and anorectal manometry studies. Perform pelvic floor ultrasound including transvaginal and endo anal ultrasound.
5. Provide and coordinate clinical practice of GYN patients through established protocols and under the supervision of the attending physician.
6. Write and dispense prescriptions with full prescriptive authority to include, but not limited to, medications for common pelvic floor disorders such as over active bladder and levator myalgia, contraception, antibiotics, pain medications, etc.
7. Communicate verbally and in writing all pertinent patient information to supervising MD, referring MD, home health nursing staff, hospice agency and other relevant health care providers. Document (and bill as appropriate) all patient encounters, assessments, results, evaluations, and recommendations for care using EPIC/Maestro Health Information System.
8. Collaborate with attending physicians, fellows, residents, nurses, and certified medical assistants to assess, diagnose, plan, set priorities and realistic outcomes, and evaluate the effectiveness and cost efficiency of patient care. Round on patients, as needed, to assess, diagnose and plan treatment. Initiate consultation request to specialists or other health professionals as appropriate.
9. Provide evidence-based clinical care by actively engaging in the review of the literature.
EXPERIENCE LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
• Completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner Program or PA Program at the Masters or Doctoral Level Current NC License with the NC Board of Nursing or NC Medical Board
• Two years clinical experience in women's health, urogynecology or urology preferred.
Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday (40 hours) and will cover up to 9 clinical sessions per week (4 hours each).
Work locations: Current locations include Patterson Place, Duke Urogynecology of Raleigh, Duke Hospital, Duke Ambulatory Surgery Center, and Duke Raleigh Hospital.
1129 NURSE PRACTITIONER
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program.State of North Carolina licensure is also required.
Work requires no previous experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.