Investment Technology Analyst
Requisition # 2017-7662
Category Information Technology
Date Posted 5 months ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princo is widely recognized as an innovative leader in the investment management industry. We manage the University's $22 billion Endowment through a global network of over 75 top-tier investment firms that span seven asset class groups:
- US Equity
- Emerging Markets
- Developed International Equity
- Independent Return (certain Hedge Funds)
- Private Equity: Buyouts and Venture Capital
- Real Assets: Real Estate, Energy, and Timber
- Fixed Income and Cash
The combination of Princo's distinctive investment philosophy and culture, and the perpetual nature of the Endowment, creates a compelling intellectual challenge. Princo has a long history of superior performance, with returns that have consistently placed in the top percentiles of institutional investors and have outperformed those of Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway over the past 15 years.
Investment Technology Analyst
The Analyst initially will serve a two-year term, with the possibility for promotion. The Investment Technology Analyst will have the opportunity to learn the operations of the investment office and how to improve its efficiency through the use of technology.
The successful candidate will design, develop and maintain PRINCO's data systems. He or She will promote a secure computing environment and assist in the training of staff. As a member of a small technical team, the Investment Technology Analyst will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of software and systems.
- Leverage technology to provide strategic and innovative solutions for business needs.
- Document workflows and data flows, and collaborate with team members to improve the efficiency of key business processes.
- Design, develop and implement new systems, as needed for PRINCO; verify systems solutions by creating test plans and scripts and conducting unit and integration testing in conjunction with customers using QA processes.
- Develop functional specifications and prototypes.
- Provide end user training and documentation.
- Develop and execute hardware acquisition and deployment strategy for departmental laptops, mobile phones, tablets, Bloomberg terminals and printers.
- Keep abreast of new technologies including software, hardware, smart phones and peripheral devices.
- Control and monitor the security provisioning and de-provisioning process for new hires, existing employees, and departures.
- Provide support for all office productivity applications including SharePoint, Morningstar Direct, FactSet and Code:Red.
- Facilitate and support the use of technology and video conferencing in meeting rooms.
- Act as a liaison to OIT for technical issues, and attend monthly SCAD/DCS meetings, training and participate in other related forums.
- Serve as a backup to the Technical Support Contractor whose primary role is to support a stable computing environment. This includes diagnosing, repairing and troubleshooting technology issues across all modes of use.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proven experience as a programmer or relevant coursework
- Knowledge of relational databases
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience a plus
- A passion for technology and an interest in investing or financial industry
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., twist, bend and work in awkward positions.
- The Investment Technology Analyst position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build good working relationships with people of diverse personalities and professional backgrounds with a strong focus on customer service.
- Aptitude for assisting users with varying degree of technical skills is essential, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with other OIT staff to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent organizational skills and an ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities simultaneously while meeting deadlines are essential.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.